6.09.2010

This should have been a 3-0 series for the Lakers, but I'll take it!! LET'S GO!!



... Hey ya'll so it's your girl SportsGal89 In the Building. Let me just say the last 18 hours has been quite eventful. As I mentioned last post, covering the finals, going into the next three games in Boston was going to be tough. But I never said we were out...
The game started slow, Kobe and the Lakers weren't able to bank any shots. Celtics took on a 6 nothing lead early in the first, with a strong offensive game by KG. Lakers for some reason weren't able to settle down and find their rhythm. Not connecting with the basket at any attempts made, long passes with some turnovers, horrible defense and still no pick up on those Offensive rebounds that would really help us. But that downward spiral didn't last for long and with the leadership of Kobe we were able to catch a decent rhythm leading by 10 points before the half ended. I was a pretty happy camper by this point knowing that the Lakers are really strong in the third, and knowing that given the opportunity they could really break open this game and give the Lakers the room they needed to breathe. But the Celtics (as much as I can't stand them, you got to give it to them) didn't let the Lakers break away for long. Their bench at the end of the 3rd quarter had scored 22pts! 22pts, on the L.A. Lakers during the third quarter! DA-Y-AMN!!!
I have said it before and I will say it again, the 4th Quarter is where the magic happens. That is where both teams either play hard or one bows out. The Celtics weren't going to let us go into their home and win without a fight and with the help "Big Baby" Glen Davis, the Celtics clawed their way back to be down by 1pt. Again, because I am a fan of the sport as much as, if not more, than my being a fan of the teams, I have to say Glen Davis was a stroke of genius. He was on fire on both sides of the ball, dominating in defensive rebounds, and making plays and drawing fouls when it needed to be done. It was really annoying to barely hear the crowd going into the 4th to hear their bloodcurdling applause and jubilation as they began to get fired up by what Davis was doing on the court. Here's a look, please don't excuse me for the Hollywood dramatic music that is on this clip brought to you by NBA.com:


But that all came to a screeching halt, when our "Silent Sneaker" Derek Fisher came out in true veteran form! No matter how many Kobe Bryants there are, they can not carry the team on their own. They need to have a great cast behind them and Derek Fisher has been that man on the Lakers. It saddens me to think that commentators say he is not Hall of Fame material, but I get so excited when I see him do what he did last night. Derek Fisher was the the saving grace to the Lakers win at the end of this game.. I cannot explain this in words better than the coaches, the players and the man himself; brought to you by NBA.com:



I think Derek said it best, and these are the moments that I love being a fan of this game, to watch an athlete live beyond the hype, still be humbled and play because he/she loves to play: "It's like being a kid, you never get tired of that candy!"- Derek Fisher


And here is the footage, again sorry for the Hollywood dramatic music. This clip is brought to you by the NBA.com:



So enough highlighting two of the people who I think really turned the game around on both sides of the ball for their individual teams. I want to talk a little bit more about the game itself. I mentioned earlier that the Lakers in the first quarter were able to catch a rhythm towards the middle of the quarter with the assistance of MR. 24 himself. But the thing that was idk, blase about the whole thing was that yes Kobe got warm, but he never caught on fire. I think I am still waiting for that moment and hopefully it will come soon. Ray Allen, didn't have a HUGE performance like he did in Game 2 and Rajon Rondo, well I guess I'm still waiting for him to open up. He had a little moment during a halftime interview with Magic that I want to share. Sorry, so I was looking for the video clip, and I might butcher it but He said something like this, "It's a great feeling to get 2 [rings] in 4 years and it is something else when those 2 are against the Lakers," Rajon Rondo, talking to Magic Johnson about the Boston/LA Rivalry and his shot at another ring after 4 years in the league. So the sports fan in me, sits in awe watching this 24 year old kid play this game, with what seems to be the most humbling attitude ever. But then the Lakers fan in me says C'Mon Son! (Ed Lover voice!), watch it, watch it, watch it! Lol.. But dang, if I can get the interview I will put it up because it was just a sweet deal.
Anyways I think I lost my train of thought for a moment, so here is the highlight reel of Game 3 brought to you by Nba.com (sorry ESPN has awesome highlights, but they have blocked their sharing feature) at any rate, this mini-movie is on point! and reminds me so much why I love this game:

And just like that ending:" It's one game, your to move on to the next one," BRING ON GAME 4!!!

The Stats and then I'm out:

***LAKERS***
STARTERS
Ron Artest 2pts, 3 reb, 1 ast
Pau Gasol 13pts, 10 reb, 4ast
Andrew Bynum 9pts, 10 reb, 0 ast
Kobe Bryant 29pts, 7 reb, 4ast
Derek Fisher 16pts, 3reb, 1 ast

BENCH
Lamar Odom 12pts, 5reb, 1 ast
Luke Walton 2pts, 2reb,1 ast
Shannon Brown 4pts, 1reb,0 ast
Sasha Vujacic 2pts
Jordan Farmar 2pts, 2reb, 1ast

***CELTICS***
STARTERS
Kevin Garnett 25pts, 6reb, 3ast
Paul Pierce 15pts, 2reb, 2ast
Kendrick Perkins 5pts, 11reb, 1ast
Ray Allen 2pts, 4reb,2ast
Rajon Rondo 11pts, 3reb, 8ast

BENCH
Rasheed Wallace 2pts, 4reb, 3ast
Tony Allen 7pts, 2reb, 1ast
Nate Robinson 5pts, 0 reb, 0ast
Glen Davis 12pts, 3reb, 0ast

No comments:

Post a Comment