12.23.2010

2010 Recap from a Stillas Fan

Why Hello There! It's your favorite sports fan SportsGal89 in the building! First let me apologize to my base, because I know that I have been MIA this season. So before I begin with my blog I will explain. I just started my first year as a Grad Student and this semester KILLED me. So 1) I didn't get to watch much football or other sports like I normally do and 2) it meant I didn't have much if ANY time to write on my blog.
But with that the semester is over and while I didn't do the BEST that I have been able to, I did finish strong with an A- and 2 Bs so for the stress I was under I am satisfied with that. So the semester is over and I am on a break which means I can catch up on my sports, my blogging and life. So with that if you'll have me, I am back and so glad to be here!

So what brings on this blog. I am currently watching the Steelers vs. Carolina Panthers tonight with the Steelers really needing this win in order to further secure a playoff spot, but also to further secure that the Steelers are one of the best teams in the league today. We have had a crazy season, the defense has definitely picked up the slack for a lacking Offense due to Big Ben being out for the first few games of the season and well our offense always in my opinion takes a little bit to find their rhythm and the true leaders of the team come out of our defense. But now our defense in particular (James Harrison) has come under fire with changes in how the NFL views hits etc.
But all of these "obstacles" are also areas in which the Steelers should have a better advantage. We started this season 4-0 being 1 of 4 teams to go undefeated and in one week all of the undefeated teams lost their leverage. With the return of Ben we began to find our grounding, but losing dumb games that shouldn't have happened. In my opinion the offense, the defense and the whole team has pretty much been mediocre. Not great, not horrible but nothing to go home calling to mom about either. So as the playoffs are upon us, I need to see fire! I think the Steelers have what it takes to get to another Superbowl and win it! I mean I think like every football fan it is our dream to see our team win the big game. But the truth is my team can do it! I have seen it happen- blessed enough to be there and would like to be blessed again to see it one more time, or multiple times.
So with that and with the next 3 quarters of this game ahead-- I want to see my team kick some Carolina butt and take home a championship for 2011.
So I am going to turn my attention back to the game and return after the game to tell you that my team won (hopefully) and how I feel about my team's chances in the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment