12.04.2011

Losing SUCKS!

Hey y'all it's your fav SportsGal89 in the building. I know that given my title you would all assume that the Steelers Nation must have taken a turn for the worst, you would be sadly mistaken- we had what I think is our BEST game of the season where the Defense AND the Offense were powerhouses. So today's blog has nothing to do with my boys in Black and Gold.
  It instead has to do with the Washington "Deadskins"  the name is well deserved, and to my ' Skins fans out there I am sorry for the reminder. For those of you who do not know (which I think is sad since y'all aren't reading my other blogs) I live in Washington DC. I have said it time and time again, I am a sports fan before I am a team fan. So any city I live in I get involved there. I may not like the teams, but I respect the culture and I at least PAY Attention.
   Today like many other Sundays, my team's game was not on TV- that will change when I get THE NETWORK (NFL Network). Anyways today's pick of games was scarce, I was left with JETS and REDSKINS. I like watching the Jets play. Their organization is beautiful reminds me a little bit of  the Steelers.
   I started watching the game late in the 2nd Quarter, teams were tied 10-10. It seemed that the Redskins were playing great (like every weekend). 2nd half begins and the game changes. Redskins start off strong, seem to have the Jets on the ropes and then a hit by Barnes on Sanchez changes the dynamic of the game. You know it's bad when the other teams' fans are cheering their own chant and the people watching the game forget that the game is in DC and NOT New York. Yup that's right, Jets fans started doing their J-E-T-S chant and I forgot for a few seconds that the game was actually being played in DC.
  Here's my thing. The Skins can be a great team, I know that they aren't cursed, but it must be sooooo disappointing watching your team give up wins that they can control. Watching this game today made me think- C'mon son! Really. It was disappointing and draining for me to watch and I am not a Redskins fan. Losing week after week must be the most frustrating thing and Coach Shanahan has to figure out something new because playing the same way they have been is NOT changing how they are playing. The only excitement coming from this game is watching Banks as he returns the ball- you get excited seeing his little legs go and the speed and waiting to see what he does next, but losing sucks..
  I don't know what I would say to Redskins fans, coaches or players- but something HAS got to give.

That's all she wrote folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment