9.17.2012

It's that time of year again...

Hey Y'all it's your FAVORITE (well hopefully) #SportsGeek, SportsGal89 in the Buildin'!! It has been a while and if I am writing you know what that means--- Football has begun and I have much to chat about much.
  Where to begin, well y'all KNOW I'm a Steelers fan, yup yup and we are still en rout for that "Stairway to 7." First team to 6 and we want to be the first team to 7 NFL Championship Titles. I say "we" because I am a through and true member of the STEELERSNation!
    So the 2012-2013 season is underway and my team is 1-1. I am getting excited for another great season and all the crazy antics that are ensuing. For instance, the officiating team- we have newbies on the field. They are being called "The Replacements," It's unfortunate because EVERYONE is giving them a hard time, commentators, coaches, players and fans. Some of it well deserved and some of it, well I guess we have to give them time to handle the situations as well. They are calling amazingly INACCURATE penalties that is driving everyone nuts. While they are learning, they take too much time to review plays that drags on games. It is so frustrating, I can only imagine what it is like being at the game, while you are sitting around already due to commercial breaks and then you have to sit around some more because of the refs needing to check the plays and the calls they are making. But I must say it is easier to judge while you are not actually in the game itself.
   The other part that is making this year SUPER exciting, is FANTASY FOOTBALL. In year's past I have participated in Fantasy Football, but have sucked royally at it. Instead this year, I still suck (I pretty much picked the ENTIRE, Steelers Team on both sides of the ball and set myself up to lose each week) but I am getting the hang of it and with that said trying to diversify my team a little bit. There are people I am going to have to give up to get a better core of players, but the part that I enjoy is that it is easy to learn.

  I don't know if I am getting more excited about watching the game or if I am getting more excited about seeing me lose in Fantasy. Lol, I get excited when I see the points come up, but when I am finding out that the teams I am up against are beating me by 11-12 points something has seriously got to give!
  Hopefully I can make some trades soon and pick up some better players and make some more amazing plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment