11.21.2012

Title ( a work in progress)

Hey Y'all it's your favorite #SportsGeek, SportsGal89 In the Buildin'! I hope that y'all are doing amazing because I am.
  So I know that I talk a lot more about the games I watch and what's happening in the sports world. But today I wanted to focus a little bit on what it means to be a fan, and in my case in 2012 being a fan in a time where my teams are just eh, or there is no real benefit for the way that my teams are playing. I'll start with the Steelers since that seems to be where the most of my pain is right now. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE football. I have aspirations to one day own, yes that's right OWN a team. And not in the "Any Given Sunday" way, but in the I earned it and I know what I am talking about kind of way.
  Anywho, I love football, it is my Christmas all rolled up into the gridiron magic on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights. The 2012 season like every other one gets me all excited to see my boys do great things. You get hopeful for a chance to make it to the playoffs and reclaim glory that only a few teams and fans have been able to witness in their lifetimes. I have been lucky,  that I got to see my team make it to the Superbowl at least 4 times in my life- 2 of which they won!, and my life is still far from over.  But here's the truth, even though I like every fan am so hopeful for a championship style team, I am also very realistic in my understanding that some years my team just wont have it. I felt it during the 2009-2010 season when we lost to the Packers and I feel it again this season. It doesn't help that our starting QB was recently injured and the likelihood of his return to bring us into the playoffs is slim. Now our 2nd QB was injured and we are down to our 3rd string and fighting to sign another QB in the middle of a season. Not to mention our team is just old, adjusting to the speed of other teams has been tough for a team as old as ours. The glory days of this team is starting to come to an end, and it will be interesting to see how our team and the organization rebuilds itself. The start is the resigning of PLAX! yup that's right Plaxico Burress is back in the Black and Gold. So to him I say welcome home!
    To continue, I am a diehard O-H-I-O Buckeye til I die, College sports fan (well Men's basketball and football). Due to a very poor decision of our athletes and our coaching administration, the Buckeyes this season have been forced to play for the sake of playing with no opportunity to play in a Bowl Game or the BCS Title Game. Part of the punishment that the NCAA bestowed upon us. We lost our beloved Tressel as well. Primarily because of his knowledge of our players not abiding to the NCAA rules and regulations of player behavior. Going into this season, I knew that regardless of the way they played, Buckeye Nation wouldn't be watching our team in what mattered the most to us, continuing to bring home an amazing legacy for our team and our state. This season though has been something of amazement. For one, we have a new coach. Mr. Urban Meyer has graciously come out of retirement to coach The OHIO State University Buckeyes Football team. Not only has he chosen to come out of retirement for us, but he has done it knowing that our team had no shot to make it to a Bowl game or Title Game. We are currently 11-0 for the season, our last game coming up against our RIVAL the dirty blue! With the last game of our season and the one against our rivals, it is going to be one of the most exciting games to watch. Throughout this season I have been fascinated with the energy that Braxton Miller and the boys continue to provide each and every game. This is what the game is all about, players playing to play. It's not about the money, the accolades, it's simply about the pure joy of playing a game you love.
  So as we enter our 12th game and our final one of the season, I look forward to a beauty of a fight. One where my team not only proves that they deserve to be one of the greatest teams in College Football, but that they are also not going to sit back and let others hate on their skills. This season for them was practice for what is yet to come.

That's all she wrote folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment