9.08.2014

Career Highs, Close Calls and Ninja Kicks.. #SteelersNation Week 1

Hello, Hello! It's your favorite SportsGal89 Innnnnnnnnn the Buildin'!

 What an exciting Sunday Funday our Week 1 of the NFL has been! Hope you all enjoyed some explosive games and a few upsets here and there.

If you thought this was the post I was going to recap Week 1, you were wrong, but you can find it here. Today's post is all about my # 1 Team- The Pittsburgh Steelers and their week 1 game against the Cleveland Browns.

So the basics:
 The game was played on Sunday, September 7th at 1:00pm in good ole Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh won 30- 27 and in good ole, Steelers fashion gave fans heart attacks the whole time!

Why ?- The Highlights:
  The Steelers were up on Cleveland 24-3 before the First Half... The second half starts and Cleveland came back swinging and The Steelers shot themselves in the foot- like they tend to when they have an early lead. They didn't score again until the 4th quarter and by a field goal by Suisham.

But, here's what The Steelers allowed 24 pts from Cleveland in the last two quarters- 24 points! That is outrageous. If it wasn't for that Field Goal, we could have kissed our home opener win goodbye. My hope is that they play consistently like they did the first half EVERY game.

Career Highs:
  Big Ben- let the record show. I do not support him to a T. I think he is a phenomenal athlete with many personal and questionable shortcomings. What I will support however is his talent- PERIOD. His Talent is absolutely amazing and sometimes I think people don't give him as much credit as he deserves, when it comes to his talent- not his personal life and his questionable choices.

But on this day Big Ben shined and it was simply beautiful to watch. 11 seasons and this game ends with Ben going for 365 Yards in the game and 278 yards coming in the first half alone. You wouldn't have thought that Ben was 32 or in his 11th season the way he played and commanded that first half. We'll see if he can keep that momentum through the rest of the season.

(DIS)honorable Mentions:
  "Downtown NINJATonio Brown" So I was at church when the first half of the game was playing. And all of a sudden I get text messages talking about "the Kick." I didn't know what "The Kick," meant and was nervous that we muffed an onside kick, or something like that. I couldn't have imagined what it was until I saw it.

By now, you have probably already seen the many memes, as well, it's EVERYWHERE!

I don't know what happened...  Commentators and the like are saying that Brown attempted to hurdle Lanning and in an unfortunate turn mushed his face with a cleat. Regardless, sometimes-- correction, what ALWAYS irritates me about my team is there is always something they do on the field that takes away from what could be just a win (wouldn't go far to say this was a "solid win"cuz it wasn't). Shall I remind any of you of the Tomlin sideline dance?
Here's the thing, I don't think either one intended to be malicious, or intended the outcome that they had, but it's the impact that matters.

At least for now, we can focus on what matters- the game and hopefully put the rest of this foolery to bed.

From the Words of Antonio himself:

courtesy of Antonio Brown's Facebook Page

That's all she wrote folks.. Bring on Baltimore!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment