5.18.2010

In other news...

Hey ya'll SportsGal89 In the Building!! So just for the record realize that I will not post everyday. Feel special with all of the posts that I have been doing in just one day, because sadly when I get back in school things will be a little crazy.

Anyways, in other news, now that I am seeing a little more clearly and riding high on that Lakers win, LOVE IT!!! I have taken up the SportsCenter review. I understand that much of the sports world is about speculation etc, but can we focus on the here and now before we talk about the then? I am talking in regards to this nonsense about Phil Jackson going somewhere else after this season. THE SEASON AIN'T EVEN OVER!! HELLO!!! But if he does leave, I will say thanks for the memories. Depending on where Jackson goes, you can say he left one of the greatest legacies with two of the best dynasties in the league.

Now there are other areas of interest besides basketball. Let's move into golf. Tiger pulling out of the last tourney and already trying to be the first to win 3 big at St. Andrews British Cup. What happened to that neck injury? Nah, I'm just kidding, it will be good to see him back in action and kicking butt the way I'm used to. I'm going to comment on his sexual indiscretions, just to get it out: I think whatever faults that Tiger has as a human being does not, I repeat DOES NOT take away how great an athlete he is.

On the other side of that DON'T BE STUPID: this nonsense with NFL Legend LT (Lawrence Taylor) is CRAZY!!! I am absolutely disgusted with the story, and saddened that such a great athlete in the game basically lost his damn mind...

And with that said, Ben Roethlisberger, just because he is a Steeler and I happen to be a Steeler fan is not off the hook. Let me say it first, HE IS AN IDIOT!! I will talk as much stuff about my own team as I do others, and sometimes I might talk more... But for the record, if the Steelers decide to cut him, GOOD! I'm disappointed that he put the owners, the fans and the league in such a predicament, and it just shows that he doesn't care as much as we do. With that said, Ben if you happen to read this- GROW UP! Time to be a big boy!!!

Baseball:

I usually don't start talking early about baseball but there are some honorable mentions! How bout those A's!!! But seriously, the rivalry between the Red Sox and the Yankees is memorable, it is one that will go down in history as one of the greatest rivalries that ever lived in American history. With that said, YANKEES Win! In a beautiful 11-9 win against the Red Sox, (if you haven't learned I am NOT a Boston fan) but regardless, the highlights from this game were amazing. Red Sox lead and Yanks take a 9-9 tie. To win with a 2 Run homer at the end, by a guy who hasn't hit a homer this whole season! Kind of cool, oh and did I mention it was all at Yankee Stadium.

Hit me later when SportsGal89 returns with some daily sports scoop and the sport of the day news!

No comments:

Post a Comment