5.20.2010

With Game 2 in the bag...

Hey ya'll its your fav, SportsGal89 In the Building.. what up?!
So Game 2 in the bag for my LA LAKERS and I'm loving it, but was it easy? HECK NAH...
At the end of Game 1 Suns Coach Alvin Gentry gave the Lakers' credit for their great playing ability in Game 1. Emphasized that the Suns going into Game 2 needed to limit the time and the points that the Lakers get into the paint. Fear going into Game 2 by commentators was the the Suns were giving too much respect to the Lakers and not remembering to play the game. Well tonight I don't think that the Suns forgot how to play the game, in fact I think that the Lakers did. Too many long passes between Suns players down the court. Fisher had some good D on Nash but played him too short sometimes that it seemed like he was struggling to keep up. And GRANT HILL, showing everyone why he is such a strong player even now, those little fst break pullups and sweet twos helped close the gap that the Lakers had on their lead throughout the first half.
At the Half Lakers led 65-56. I was hoping that Jackson would speak some words of wisdom that would have the Lakers catching fire, but it seemd like Alvin Gentry's half time pep talk really sparked something in the dormant Suns. Gentry told his players,that they needed to play their best, and play better than they were. In the end whatever he said worked, Suns came back firing, cutting the lead in the third quarter with the help of Lakers turnovers. By the 4th however, Lakers found their rythm, with the inclusion of Farmar off the bench the Lakers were able to take the lead and win the game 124-112. Powerhouse Gasol really stepped up inside the paint and Odom on the rebounds was a sight to see.
But like I said the game was close, shutting down Hill with those little pull-ups has got to be a priority, closing up the gap on Dudley being able to pull back and knock those threes is also something that the Lakers need to be mindful of during Game 3. Richardson is a force not to be messed with either. Ultimately, I like the Suns, I think they have what it takes to great... JUST NOT AGAINST MY LAKERS ;)
And for the record, even if we need to step that game up a little bit more and be a little bit more consistent througout the game a WIN is a WIN! I'll take it!! :)

Now for the last bullet in my little blazing gun: Amare Stoudemire's comment about "luck" being the reason for Odom's big game during GM 1.. Are you still thinking it's luck.. Odom finished GM 2 17pt, 11 rebounds and 4 Assists... HEY AMARE, HOW'D YOU LIKE THEM APPLES ;)

Player stats at the close:
Suns:
Hill 23 pts, 4 reb, 3 ast
Stoudemire 18 pts, 6 reb, 1 ast
Lopez 7 pts, 6 reb, 0 ast
Nash 11 pts, 3 reb, 15 ast
Richardson 27 pts, 3 reb, 1 ast
Dudley (Got to stop him on those 3s!) 15pts, 5 reb, 4 ast

Lakers:
Artest 18pts, 5 reb,3 ast *** It must be mentioned when word came to me about then Houston Rocket Artest being traded to the Lakers in place of my beloved Trevor Ariza I was pissed. My dad tried to explain to me what an asset Artest could really be when we needed him, and that his experience would be useful where Ariza's inconsistency lacked. I get it now Dad, thanks! :)

Gasol 29pts, 9 reb, 5 ast *** has really become the powerhouse that we have needed since we lost/got rid of Shaq. It is nice to see him dominate inside the paint and watching him take on the wingman to Kobe is brilliant. When he catches on, he is on..

Bynum 13pts, 7 reb, 0 ast *** YO, my birthday is August 9, I call it now, the wishlist is for a Bynum Jersey. Bynum is my honorable mention for this game. Dude is injured, not starting, coming off the bench with a knee that he says gets worse each day. And look at the numbers, he still is a force to be reckoned with on the court. And like I said don't deny our Swag, broken pinkie, drained knee, or in Bynum's case just plain damaged, the Lakers play hard and fight hard for their rings! LOVE IT!!!

Bryant 21pts, 5reb, 13 ast *** I mean it's Kobe!!! What else can I say

Fisher 7pts, 0 reb, 5 ast ** I have to say I like to see him fight. Keeping up with Nash is tough and he held him to the best that he could.

L. Odom ( the L stands for "LUCK") 17 pts, 11reb 4 ast

Honorable Mentions:
Farmar stepped in, in the last quarter and did his best to keep the momentum going knocking down a few points at the end. Greatness at its best

This next one goes out to Barbosa who took a camera to the head and had to get some stitches eek... Saw that blood and said oh dang!

Well, that's it for now... SportsGal89 out, see you at the end of GM3 in Pheonix

No comments:

Post a Comment