6.28.2010

Drive for 5 Complete and Sweet 16 in the bag!!!

Hey ya'll it's the LOVELY Sportsgal89 In the Building. I know that this is looooong overdue, but please be happy that your girl is giving it to you at all :D
So at the end of my last blog, I gave my predictions that Game 7 was going to be a tough and intense battle, but that of course, your girl had faith that the Drive for 5 would be completed at the end of this series. We had all the advantages. We were at home,we just won a GREAT! game during game 6. It would be by our own stupidity if we didn't take an opportunity to win this.
But I didn't say it was going to be easy. I can only fill you in on my notes from the first quarter, because by the second quarter and up until the final buzzer I was at the edge of my seat and utilizing my Twitter and FB like it was no body's business. So my apologies, however I do have the Game 7 mini-movie brought to you by NBA.com.
So here are my first quarter notes:
In the opening of the game, they roll sound clips and recap the series. One of those sound bites, had me up in arms!!! Doc Rivers spoke to his team before the game started and said" When the team has their 20 year reunion let's make sure our rings touch!," Doc Rivers, I love your coaching style, but not in the LAKER house!!
Lakers were dominate off the glass, Gasol was a big player with offensive rebounds. I noted Bynum being a key player as well and the strong center that we needed. It's crazy to think that in 2008 we didn't get to play with him and what a difference he really is on the court. I just hope he gets his knee figured out,because if this is how he plays injured, I don't want to see how he plays healthy- BEASTMODE!!!
I did make a point to give Rasheed Wallace a little bit of grace, because he really stepped up now that Perkins was out from a torn set of ligaments during the start of Game 6.
At one point and I am sorry that my notes aren't that much better I did mention that the Lakers missing free throws was killing us.
Ultimately, this game was won due to a team effort. Kobe wasn't making all if any shots. It was hard for him to find his rhythm for most of the game, but that didn't mean that the didn't utilize his strength in other areas. He stepped up on rebounds when he could.
Ron Artest and Pau Gasol were definitely our key players during this game. And it did come to an all out battle towards the end. But why take my word for it, watch the mini-movie and see for yourself.



NEED I say more! All I can say is the Drive for 5 is complete, Our Sweet 16 is looking ever so lucious! I'm thinking we have a 3-peat on our hands. As long as the bodies from both our players and our coaches (hmm) keep them at top level. Well more details on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment