6.16.2010

And the Drive for 5 continues....

Hey ya'll its your fav sports blogger, SportsGal89 In the Building! Welcome to another fabulous edition of my life as a sports fan!!!
Ah victory is sweet! Can you already sense the direction of this blog. Well if you haven't guessed the NBA Finals continues! What does that mean? With a valiant effort and a great strategy on both sides of the ball, the Lakers dominated the court last night to tie the series up 3-3 and force a Game 7! WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! And the best, Lamar was right, the team needed to play like a team and they did it.
Watching that game hurt as a fan because as I mentioned I like to see a challenge, but all I can say is victory is SWEET and it felt so good to be able to watch my team really stick it to the FAILTICS! Especially after all of the disappointment that came from Game 5..
Where to start, where to start. Normally I take notes during the game, but this was such a one sided show, that I couldn't even take notes. Let me just link you up to my FB updates throughout the game for starters and then we can keep it moving to the major highlights!
The Lakers and the Laker Fans energy was incredible from start to finish. There was no way that the Celtics were going to take a win last night. Like I mentioned in the last blog, going home and having that advantage definitely was a much needed refresher for the boys in purple and gold. I myself had to mentally prepare for this game. I went on a 45 minute run showered and then headed out to watch the game at my friend Eric's house. Needless to say I missed the opening minutes as I made my way up the hill from the house I am staying. But when I got to Eric's house it was fabulous to see the score at 23-18 in the first quarter! I was like okay, wow, nice opening. What's going to happen next.
Some chit chatting took me away from the game, but not long enough before I got to see some serious changes by the team. Artest was being much more aggressive as were many of the starters. The team headed up by Gasol and Odom were really coming alive on both defensive and offensive rebounds. It was beautiful!
So here are my FB feeds:
9:04 as the game begins: "Game time baby! All or nothing in this DRIVE FOR 5!!!"
9:49 Definitely the second quarter and I think this is the moment where we really started to pull away from the Celtics with a strong lead: "Yay!!!!! LA! LA! LA!LA!!!"
9:56 Our Bench stepped up scoring 24 points to I think a Celtics Bench 3pts : "Jordan Farmar is so Saucey!!! did you see that?! OMG!!!"



10:00 The end of the first half: "I like the way THEY do it(50 voice!) Strong half! LOVE IT!!!"
10:35 The beginning of the third quarter, the Celtics were beginning to chip at our lead. Well I mean they scored 2 pts, but we hadn't been able to get off a shot: "Lakers, settle down!!!! Play the game and play smart..."
10:46 I think this says it all. But off of a turnover, Shannon Brown was dished a sweet pass, and with no really defenders he took it all the way downtown like only he could do: "He's cute and he can dunk! SHANNON BROWN!!!!"





11:00pm Kobe gets a break and is taken out of the game, I believe by now we had a 25 point lead. A record total for this whole series: "MVP!!!! Standing O!!!!" - Side bar Van Gundy said it, "if the Celtics some how win this game, Kobe definitely deserves the series MVP!" HECK YES, but the Celtics didn't win, so on to the next one (Swizz Beatz voice)

And here is one of the reasons why I think Kobe is one of the best players in the league:

11:30pm GAME OVER LAKERS WON AND PUSHED A GAME 7: "Game 7 Baby!!!! All or nothing!!! DRIVE FOR 5!!!"

Now for some stats, some highlights and my predictions for Game 7


LAKERS:
*** Starters***

R. Artest 15pts, 6reb, 0ast
P. Gasol 17pts, 13reb, 9ast
A. Bynum 2pts, 4reb, 0ast
K. Bryant 26pts, 11reb, 3ast
D. Fisher 4pts, 2reb, 0ast

*** Bench***
So there are 3 other players that come off the bench. But to be honest minus to a degree Vujacic at times, only Brown, Odom and Farmar really step up each game and fight it out.. I would love to see Luke (the only reason why I'm playing for the Lakers is because of my last name) Walton be a force to be reckoned with much like his dad was. But I digress

S. Brown 4pts, 2reb,2ast
L. Odom 8pts, 10reb, 1ast
S. Vujacic 9pts, 1reb, 1ast
J. Farmar 4pts, 1reb, 1ast




CELTICS:
*** Starters***
P. Pierce 13pts, 4 reb, 2 ast
K. Garnett 12pts, 6 reb, 3ast
K. Perkins 0pt,1reb, 0 ast - Perkins will be my honorable mention for this game. 6minutes into the game Perkins is fighting for the ball on a defensive rebound and comes down bad on his leg. He was taken out of the game and never returned. It will be interesting to see if he is well enough to return for Game 7, but during the post-game conference Doc Rivers, said he wasn't sure and the injury seemed pretty bad. Who knows, things could change by Thursday.






R. Allen 19pts, 2 reb, 3ast
R. Rondo 10pts, 5reb, 6ast

***Bench***
R. Wallace 0pts, 3 reb, 0ast
T. Allen 2pts, 1 reb, 0ast
N. Robinson 6pts, 4reb, 3ast
G. Davis 0pts, 9reb, 0ast
S. Williams 0pts, 3 reb, 0ast
M. Daniels 5pts, 1reb, 0ast

Highlight reel:
The best of Game 6:





Let me give the Celtics some love too:



Nate Robinson is a phenomenal athlete... I mean did you see Kobe and Lamar's smirk, they new that was bonkers...
Here is the Game 6 Mini-movie (these things are awesome! Really)





Predictions:
Bill Walton said it perfectly " The Lakers have 2 win 2 games at home, that is all that is standing in their way of being champions. And if they can't do that, then they aren't champions!"
Phil Jackson closed it out, by posting " 1 to Ring" up on the white board at the end of the game. There is only one game that stands between the Lakers and their 16th NBA Championship Title.
But I am not going to say that it is going to be easy. I need the energy and the intensity that they played with last night, times 10 tomorrow night. There is no better way to go out,than to push a Game 7 and to give it all that you have in your own house, with your own fans! Ugh, I can't wait until Thursday boy!!
But even with a win and this energy, we have to be crazy to think that Boston isn't going to come firing. I hope they bring it. I hope they put everything on the line as well, because a true battle would only make the victory that much sweeter. I want to see full combat to say yes, the two best teams in this season and in the league have reached the top and this was the best of the best at the Finals.
I know that as long as my team plays 100% better than they played last night, we have this one in the bag. 7 is my lucky number, and if Odom can fire up and wear that 7 proudly I think this game is going to be great to watch. And I can't wait to see the Lakers crowned the 2010 NBA Champs.

Taking from E-40 (again?) Go Hard or Go Home; well boys we are already home, so just GO HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment