6.14.2010

Game 5 and we are back in LA

Hey y'all so as you can imagine, your girl is a little disappointed by the outcome of the game last night between the LA Lakers and the Boston Celtics. I didn't watch the whole game, I came in during the second half because I was enjoying some friend time with my Leo 707 roomie Sami and Nat, which was some much deserved R&R. Needless to say, watching the Twitter updates and the score via espn.com on my phone was really frustrating.
So last night the Lakers lost 92-86 in Boston putting the Celtics at a 3-2 lead in the series. We go back to LA tomorrow night where we need to put it all on the line to hold off the Celtics who are now one win away from becoming the 2010 NBA Champions.
I am not in the best mood, although I have the highest hopes for my team. We are going back home to LA for the next two games. When we win tomorrow we go to Game 7 on Thursday and that is where the true test will come out. I just hope that the team gets it together. With Lamar Odom, not willing to step up and take on the responsibility of a bigger role within the organization it is hard to find out how the team will survive. Odom is a strong player, but recent reports suggest that he doesn't want to deal with the pressure of being the kind of leader that the Lakers need, comments like " We play as A TEAM, we lose as A TEAM," have been his motto, without his willingness to be a power player, strikes fear in at least this particular Lakers fan. The game can not ride on the back of one player- KOBE! And after watching Game 5, you have to give him credit whether you like him or not, that he is a brilliant ball player.
So, because I don't have the heart to go into details about this game, let me just say this. WE (LAKERS) are not out! We have one game to get to GAME 6, the tide will turn. WE are at home, in LA for the next two games. Hopefully with our fans cheering for us and the refresher being on our own turf will help to boost our attitude and our heads. The Drive for 5 is not dead..
With that, here is the NBA.com mini-movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment