6.06.2010

Taking from Ed Lover- C'mon Son!

... So I have been holding off on talking about Cleveland for a while. But I had a great conversation with "my ride or die," Jennifer Amador-Baez about Cleveland, Lebron and Kobe that I had to talk about what I felt about this whole Cleveland world getting turned upside down.
Let me say this, I am from Ohio (and some *cough* M.W.) will say that I am a bandwagon fan because I like teams that are not from my home state, whatever. LET ME BE CLEAR, just because I do not rep for my home state teams besides Ohio University- home of the Ohio University Bobcats and my hometown of Athens, OH or Ohio State University in Columbus, OH and home of the Buckeyes- Does not mean that I do not have love for my home state or the home state teams. But let me be extra clear, that love runs quick when they are playing against teams that I LOVE. And let me say something else, first and foremost I love the game. I am a TRUE sports fan before I am a true TEAM fan!!! I love watching a game that is challenging on both sides of the ball, I love watching athletes playing the game to play the game for the LOVE of the game.. (Sorry I am so hyped right now because as I am writing this I am watching VH1's Behind the Music: 50 Cent! CRAZY)
Anyways, so with that I will give it up to a true home state hero- Lebron "King" James... He has done more for the state of Ohio, the cities of Akron (his hometown) and Cleveland than many other artists/entertainers... And to give it to him straight, I have never seen someone his age, come into a game and play like he has. Not just play as an athlete, but as a role model and an entrepreneur etc, he has come into his own. But with that also comes a little bit of hype. People have forever been talking about where will Lebron go next- how long can one man carry a team and a city without being able to win a ring. And Cleveland every year supports their team without fail, and despite the fact that they have yet to bring home a championship they support their team and their leader, the one who has the whole Cleveland game on his shoulders Lebron.
There is hype around Lebron, every year as of late, people speculate seeing Cleveland rising again as the Eastern Conference Champs and taking on the LA Lakers in the finals.. I mean talk all into Playoffs is a Lebron vs. Kobe faceoff.. At times even I want to see it, but after watching that last Game between Cleveland and the Celtics (the game that started this whole blog bit in the first place) and watching Lebron give up (AGAIN despite what his numbers say) I definitely think it is no contest at this point that Kobe and the Lakers would still wipe the floor with Lebron and the Cavs. The Cavs have the making of a phenomenal team. Lebron plays the game to play the game, he has united the team and the city in more ways than one. They are a true family, a unit on that court. But even in a family you need that leader, that rock and that strength to step up and do what needs to be done. And Lebron has yet at least in my opinion to really step it up.. And that game, Game 6 of the second round of the Playoffs, he just gave up pure and simple. Yes his numbers were strong, but could you imagine the height he would have been at had he played on fire the whole game? And now there is speculation as to why he in my opinion, chickened out (although there is another word in my vocabulary that I want to use). Stories about his teammate Delonte West sleeping with his Mama made the airwaves- now the story hasn't been confirmed, but something threw off his game. Other stories say it was his elbow injury from a game played against the Bulls that came back and haunted him. REALLY?! An elbow injury. I mean if you are that hurt than don't play at all, but if you are really in it to win it, than you got to rise above an elbow injury. Like I said, Kobe plays with a broken pinkie, Bynum plays with a knee injury that no one knows what to do with it, for crying out loud STEVE freaking NASH fixes his own broken nose in games and still plays- and you want to tell me that one elbow injury that happened months ago is the reason why instead of taking the open shots Lebron is passing the damn ball. When a chance at the championship is on the line it is not the time that you need to sit back and let the others take the spotlight it is the time that you need to play like the leader and bring your team out on top.
Now, the C'mon Son! ED LOVER moment and if you don't know what I'm talking about when I say C'mon Son check out the vid by Ed Lover:


So now you have been introduced to the "C'mon Son!" moment by Ed Lover.. And here is my "C'mon Son!" So in light of the craziness that happened after this Game 6 Business all the commentators and speculators wanted to talk about is where will Lebron James be next season, y? Because with 2010 comes Lebron James' free agency- and for ya'll who don't know what that means that "the contract with the team the signed with originally is expired and that they are 'free' to sign up with another team and franchise," which means that Lebron would essentially be free to "shop" for another team that he wanted to, so he doesn't have to stay in Cleveland! C'MON SON!!!! So the big story wasn't that there wasn't a championship coming to Cleveland yet again, but that their light and savior might potentially be leaving the city that he helped raise up.
So my friend Jenny and I were talking about whether we think Lebron is going to leave Cleveland or not. I think personally,not. I think Lebron wants to win a championship in Clevleand before he even considers leaving that city. He has been rocking and rolling with that team since 2003! 18 years old fresh out of High School and going hard and heavy for Cleveland. Questions are circulating about where Lebron could potentially go if he wanted to leave, and my thing is I don't think Lebron would go anywhere where he would have to "rebuild" again. I think Lebron will only do that for Cleveland. If he goes somewhere, he needs a team around him- not that I am saying he doesn't have that team around him, but he needs someone else there to help him-who? Idk. But for Cleveland's sake and for his own he needs someone else to bring Cleveland to the front of this NBA league.. Now what else happened, oh yeah, Mike Brown head coach of the Cleveland Cavs since 2005 got fired. Which is nothing new after this many seasons of not being able to turn the bad luck around and produce a ring.. I get that, but it wasn't like Cleveland wasn't producing, I mean HELLO they were, but that is neither here nor there... So Mike Brown gets fired, it will be interesting to see who comes in his place and this week the big story that broke, the one that prompted my - What is going on in Cleveland, status update on the FB is that Danny Ferry (The Cavs GM) resigned.. RESIGNED, wtf.. If there isn't a shakeup going on than what the hell is going on. And I really wonder why the front office would shake up their team this hard, if it wasn't about trying to get your ducks in a row to keep Lebron in Cleveland.. hmmm C'Mon Son!!!
So that is where I am at right now. Things are strategic, we still have to wait to see what happens with Lebron although everyone, even the President believe he will stay in Cleveland...But I wanted to speak my piece on Lebron and on the Cavs shakeup..
I'm outty 5000! DEUCES!!

2 comments:

  1. What really has Lebron done that other athletes who pass through there aint done. He aint won nothin, we knew cleveland was there when Jordan used to bus their ass. He better not leave without a championship, that would be a sucka move I believe. Thats just me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Erion, There is a difference when other athletes come through Cleveland not being from the area or knowing the city the way he has.. He has brought something special to that team and to that city. He has woken that area up. Everyone will remember the days of Lebron in Cleveland 10-20 years from now. But like you I agree he can't leave without getting that city a ring, that would make the journey and his legacy that much sweeter. If he bounces out now, then we all know he's just chasing that ring, I think it would be a bigger legacy to show how much he has rebuilt that team and then brought them to the top!

    ReplyDelete