6.06.2010

Tough loss for Game 2, but with that we are on to the next one...

... Okay, okay so this must be said, it annoys me how much I get called a Bandwagon fan because I am a Laker fan. I mean people throw that out every time, and it's like that's the only nonsense they can spew on the Lakers is to say that all of their fans are bandwagon. But let it be another team against the Lakers like let's say the Celtics and all of a sudden so many people come out of the woodwork talking about how they are all for the Green and White- EXCUSE ME? And then I get yelled at for the fact that I call them Bandwagon fans. What planet do we live on? I am so confused by this right now, I mean you have your own teams stick to them and don't call me a bandwagon if you just ride the jock cuz your team is out all of a sudden. Never heard your mouth running all season until now. HAT-ERS!!!

You read it first folks: My Status update that forced me to go IN and probably divide my FB love for real:
HOLD ON, HOLD ON- I love how I can be called a bandwagon fan because I am a TRUE ride or die Laker fan, but nothing is said to all you HATERS who jock the Green and White all of a sudden.. YUCKFEST!!! Stick to your own..

I need to stop letting people get me so pissed off, but I really HATE being called a Bandwagon, even when the Lakers are losing (like today) and I still root for them, I am a bandwagon. REALLY? Does that make sense? I have narrowed it down, I am a bandwagon out the gate because I'm a girl and shouldn't know a damn thing about sports, C'MON SON!!! or I'm a bandwagon cause everyone else wants to spew HATE and that's the only good thing they can come up with. Whatever, I'll take it, I guess...
So then I got to laugh at this one that my fabulous friend Marquis Khori Sandifer posted on his page

1st there was Cleveland (Eliminated) then you drove South to Orlando (Drop Zoned) just to drive back upstate to Boston?? hmmmmm sounds like you been catching to many Greyhound buses to see my LAKERS take an loss, but most important we expose truth for what it is: YOU ARE A BANDWAGON FAN OFF TOP!! LAKERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS!! Reminder too all & to all SHUT THE UFF UP!!

Now that I am done venting, on to the recap of Game 2..


Game 1 the Celtics played like some sorry punks, not making too many shots and not playing how they played in the series against the Cavs or the Magic.. But I can't take it for granted either. My friend Erion (you should check out his blog also, I'm a follower so look up my profile)told me to take it easy on the Game 1 love. But the way I look at it, I am going to rejoice in every game that we play, as if that game was our last game. I know that the games go one at a time, I'm not saying that as soon as we win one game we have the whole series, NEVER THAT, but I am just saying let me live in my moment for the moment and get back into this thing the next day.
So tonight is no different. We had a series lead of 1-0. Our advantage was that we had that lead and we were still at home, with the greatest fans around. Our disadvantage is that we underestimated the Celtics strength and the force that is RAY ALLEN. Last game Ray Allen warmed the bench most of the game, which is odd considering that he is the best shooter in the league, but whatever. This game, however Rivers and company came out firing. Ray Allen had 8, count em 8 , 3pters in the first half. Beating his own record from 2008 along with Scottie Pippen and Kenny Smith for the most 3 point shots made in a Finals game! WHAT?!! Yo, your boy was on fire. And like I said, I am a SPORTS FAN first and foremost, so I will give it to Ray Allen, because he definitely was able to take advantage on the lack of D from the Lakers and bank the shots that gave the Celtics an incredible lead against the Purple & Gold, well into the end of the 2nd Quarter. Already both sides of the court were running into some foul trouble, with three of the Celtics starting bench sitting out with 3 fouls each. Trailing behind by 10 the Lakers were able to cut the lead to 6 at the half with an incredible steal by Bryant and a return for 3 points following. But Kobe was still a force to be reckoned with, stealing the ball again on the defensive rebound by the Celtics and coming this close to making another 3 point shot and closing the lead to 3.



And Ray Allen's face at the end of the half was "sure as shit" PRICELESS!! OMG clip
[Okay well I have to wait for the clip, because it's no where to be seen.. Come on Youtubers bring me that "OH SHIT" Face that Ray Allen had.


So going into the Half I was like cool, we gave away the better part of the first half. We had a fabulous 2 minute run by Kobe and the third quarter is our strength where we have outscored the last few teams we have been up against regardless of what the end game result has been. And no doubt, we came back closing their 10 point lead to a 1-run.
Unfortunately most of the 3rd and 4th quarter were seen from the refresh on my ESPN.com link from my BlackBerry because the girl I nanny for doesn't know that you can't change the game during the Finals. But I got to hand it to the kid, she's rooting for the Lakers and has picked up a lot in the 3 weeks that I have been here ;) Anyways from what I did see, we seemed to run into more foul trouble- which I think that the players were just getting whistle whipped. To be honest. A tweet from Jalen Rose early in the game said " Let them play," and really I think the energy from the rivalry and the energy from this being the finals definitely gets to EVERYONE'S head including the refs.. Anyways, there were some bad offensive fouls called on Kobe that I truly do not think was a foul.
Anyways so our 3rd quarter swag was us, as always.. I mean we play very well during the third quarter, but with 10 minutes left to play we are already running into foul difficulty. I mean Kobe had four , count em four fouls.. But this is where I say we have really grown. For the first time in a long time, I am not worried when Kobe isn't in the game or for that matter runs into foul trouble, why?! Because we still have Pau!! Watching Pau Gasol step up and play the game like he was meant to, has been one of the best things to watch as a Sports Fan! So Gasol stepped up, so did Bynum- who I don't care what you all say, playing with that bum knee, he comes out to play. 22 years old, when he gets healthier and is able to really finesse his game, just you wait. Bynum is going to be a FORCE!!!
But here is where I know we struggled: We need to take on better control of the ball game. We need to capitalize on strong leads and our advantages. Every opportunity to get a rebound we need to take it. We slack so much on getting those offensive rebounds and I think if we really put pressure in the paint when we needed it we could take extra points when we could really use it. Secondly we need to step up our D, and I'm talking to you Phil. Something must be done to not have Shannon Brown putting too much space between him and the person he is guarding. I mean I love you Shannon, but you can't leave your man open. And too often I saw Garnett left wide open (still wondering why on the Green and White didn't give him the ball more but I'll get to them later).

So Lakers Stats:

STARTERS
Ron Artest 6pts, 5 reb, 1 ast
Pau Gasol 25pts, 8reb, 3 ast
Andrew Bynum 21pts, 6reb, 0ast
Kobe Bryant 21 pts, 5 reb, 6 ast
Derek Fisher 6pts, 7 reb, 4 ast

BENCH
Lamar Odom 3pts, 5 reb, 1 ast
Shannon Brown 2pts, 2 reb, 1 ast
Sasha Vujacic 3pts, 1reb, 1ast
Jordan Farmar 7pts, 0 reb, 1ast

And now on to the Celtics. Okay so first let me just say something. I have realized how much I despise the Celtics in just this game alone. I was trying to figure out why every time I say Rondo's face, Ray Allen chewin his damn gum, or Pierce's ghetto, "ant streaked" (Check out Marlon Wayans for that one) smirk. Watching the Green and White and all of the Celtics love poppin up on my Twitter feed and my FB made my skin boil. I act as if I'm playing the game. That is how crazy my strong dislike of this team runs! So anyways, watching the Celtics I was trying to figure out why I was getting so annoyed, I mean I'm sweating, my ears, they're burning my heart is racing, I am just so ugh. I have just gotten to that point that I get how much I can't stand this team. So done, they are to that point that I am with when I see the Ravens, the Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys and of course Michigan, can't stand them! Anyways, I have taken it to that level now, that my detest for them, even while respecting them runs so deep. I mean I love Larry Bird, but the minute I see Larry Bird in a green and white jersey something changes and all I see is red.. Lmao!
Okay, but because I have realized this, I also realized that my blogs may be a little one-sided. So I felt like today I needed to be balanced in my blog. But sometimes it's so hard, especially listening to commentators like Van Gundy who obviously have the team that they are rooting for and make it very clear, for the most part in their commentary. Anyways, I digress. I wanted to give credit where credit was due.
If the Lakers thought that they were going to face the same team that they met with on Game 1, they were sadly mistaken. The Celtics came out firing today, which I have to give to them. They are in LA, coming off of a 20pt loss and they come back guns blazing. Doc Rivers and the rest of the Coaching Stadd definietly have the team focused for this series. Watching the way that the defense stepped up, and then RAY ALLEN from downtown 7 times! What? I mean ridic! They definitely made this game interesting. And as a fan of the game, this was the flair that I was missing, from the 4th for Game 1 (remember how I told ya'll I was bored? well tonight that wasn't the case). With the way that the team came together despite the foul difficulty, they really made this series a bit interesting. So before I go into how this all changes and what happens in the next 3 or 5 games let me drop the Celtics stats and the highlights.

Celtics:

STARTERS
Kevin Garnett 6pts, 4reb, 6 asts (Garnett had 4 points total going into the 4th quarter! 4 but with 4 rebounds and 6 asts, I can't hate on the dude. Getting into foul trouble early had to sit on the bench)


Paul Pierce 10pts, 4reb, 4 ast
Kendrick Perkins 12pts, 6reb, 3 ast
Ray Allen (BIG MAN ON CAMPUS) 32pts, 3 reb, 2 ast
Rajon Rondo 19pts, 12reb, 10ast (So here it is Jenny, I wish he wasn't playing for the Celtics, but I got to give the boy credit, he can be the palyer that dominates like in Game 1 or he can sit back and be the sidekick when he needs to be, and he definitely needed to be this game)

BENCH
Rasheed Wallace 7pts, 7 reb, 1ast (IDK if I will EVER like Rasheed Wallace ugh)
Shelden Williams (Idk y, I even have to put him on this) 0pt, 1reb, 0ast
Tony Allen 2pts, 1reb, 0ast
Nate Robinson (I can't stand this guy's mouth and there is something about seeing him that gets me so mad) anyways all he had was 7pts
Glen Davis (Well at least he recovered from that elbow, LMAO!) 8pts, 7reb, 1ast


Now on to the clips:



Here's the game Highlights brought to by the NBA.com


and A little bit of that Ray Allen flair to give him his own, again brought to you by NBA.com:




And now on to why I think this has just become the most interesting turn of events. First and foremost let me remind you that I am a person who is looking at each game on an individual level and that no matter what I still support my team. But the Celtics definitely just created the most interesting dynamic- 1 they ended the Lakers win streak at home during the playoffs/finals and 2 we are now going into 3 games in Boston. Coming off of a win like that where they beat us at home and now we are going in 3 games @ Boston! Yo your girl is sort of sweating bullets right now. But you know what I'll take the stress as long as I get to see a challenge and then my team take it all. I have already given my piece on what I think they need to do to correct it, let's just hope the Lakers take heed. Well with that I will see you Tuesday night from Boston! JK (I WISH!!!)
I'm out!

Hold on one second: I just got educated on these great mini-movies on NBA.com and here is the mini-movie from Game 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment