1.23.2011

It's now or never AFC & NFC Championship day

Hey ya'll it's your one and only Sportsgal89 IN THE BUILDING on a lovely Sunday afternoon before the showdowns of the year which determine who will be entering the XLV Super Bowl! Despite the fact that these two games are the games that determine our Super Bowl XLV Contenders, these games are huge because the last time these four teams met the stakes were very different.
In the NFC we have the Packers and DA Bears in a showdown of the ages because for these two teams it is the SUPER BOWL, these two teams will NEVER meet in a Super Bowl unless for some reason they get redrawn in to another division (which won't happen). The last time these two teams had a show down in the playoffs was in 1941 and the Bears took home that win 33-14 and followed that with the Defeat of the NY Giants and their 4th title. Between these two teams is a history of greatness, amidst playoff wins, and championships the show down at Soldier Field is going to be a beautiful one.
The last time this team met this season was January 2, 2011 at Green Bay. The Pack won that low scoring game 10-3.

With all the tweets I am anxious to see the boys in Blue and Orange come out and dominate, but with Aaron Rodgers at the helm of the Pack, wow-- All I can say is today is going to be exciting and the magic well "Play until that whistle". Not to give away who I am going for, but all I can say is "BEAR DOWN!!"




And on the side of the AFC we have the one and only Sixburgh against the HardKnock Jets. My stomach is in knots! I just can't wait until that clock hits 6:30 and that first ball is let loose in Heinz. As I prepare for today I just remember that this is one more game, this is THE game. This is OUR Superbowl because once we get past this we get past it all. The last time the Steelers and the Jets played each other this season it was Week 15 (Santonio Holmes says "That was personal"- his first game in Pittsburgh since he was released)- I am a Green and White number 10 fan since before he was a Steeler while he was at Ohio State, so while I like hime right now he is the ENEMY well he and the JETS are the enemy. Like I was saying week 15 the Steelers saw their loss at home against the Jets, where the Jets pulled of a 22-17 win against the Steelers. It was disgustingly unexpected and something I hope we do NOT repeat!

While I have love for the Jets and their story the thing I have to say is that all the teams left weren't supposed to be here. And we beat the odds again and again. I'll give it to the Jets and the Packers, there is hope being a 6th Seed, but on this day greatness was born-- Myron Cope the creator of the legendary TERRIBLE TOWEL and as we wave them proudly we bring on all of Steeler Nation near and far, alive and dead to push our boys as we THE 12th MAN Cheer them on loudly and proudly. It is all or nothing on this Glorious Day!




The Motto: GO HARD OR STAY HOME!!





No comments:

Post a Comment