1.17.2011

NFL Playoffs 2010-2011 Season Round 2 part 2

Hello! It's your girl SportsGal89 in the building! And I'm back with another addition of my sports blog. I decided last minute that I was going to break up the two blogs of this round into their respective divisions as it will make the most sense for next week as well.
So now on to the game that I ACTUALLY had a stake in. The AFC Game between the NY JETS and the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS. Why do I have a stake in this game, the winner determines who we play against in the AFC Division Title game. While I do not really care who we played, because either way the team is going to be one more STEP in the stairway to 7, the thing that I will say was I was leaning more towards being comfortable with home field advantage if we play the Jets.
But at any rate any game we had was going to be a retribution game because we lost to both teams in the regular season so beating them in their one game away from Superbowl XLV would be AMAZING!
So by now you probably already know the outcome, but I will keep moving as if you don't know. The week leading up to this game was a comical back and forth battle of words between members of the Jets (including "Sexy Rexy" and Pats Head Coach). So needless to say this was a highly anticipated game and one that at least for Steelers fans across the country determined who we would be facing in the AFC Championship game.
Now the Ken Doll didn't cease to amaze me with his wildly flowing hair... Let's get real.. It's the Patriots, you expect nothing less but greatness when you watch them play. Well except **COUGH**COUGH** 18-1!!

[Brief interruption by SportsGal89, hey y'all so today is 1-19-2011. I have been writing, or attempting to write this blog for the last 3 days and well with the AFC Championship and NFC Championship only a few days out, I have lost all drive to complete this blog in my regular fashion. So here is the following is my speed update]
If you don't already know and which I think you do: The JETS had in my opinion a SURPRISING upset of the Patriots. I know that for Jets fans this my opinion is the exact thought that motivates their team to come out and win, week after week. But here is the thing you take the Jets and you put them up against one of the best teams in the league and facing one of the, if not the best current QBs in the league and you really wonder if they are actually going to play ball- and let's not forget that A** Whopping they took the last time these two teams met up 45-3! My Lord!
While I didn't think the Jets were going to allow themselves to get owned again, I did think that the end result was going to be another loss to the Jets. So to all the Jets fans I am sorry for doubting you, but besides taking out Peyton and the Ken Doll at home, there hasn't been extreme moves that have made me feel like I could stand and all out support them the way I support other teams or my team.
But what I like about the Jets is when you think they've been backed against a corner they really come back and lay it on you. They slowly chip away at the Defense making moves up and down the field that says wow this team in the next year or two is going to be unstoppable. But I think our doubts, as fans of this sport are still valid. There are times when they aren't consistent, when their wins are closer to a luck of the draw, you see Sanchez perform better each week, developing into one heck of a commander on that field- and as a fan I love that. And I guess that is also what scares me and also makes me have my doubts.
Needless to say the Pats fell apart, 2 attempted onside kicks that did not work in their favor at all. Done well (by the Saints in 2009 Super Bowl) but done horribly in Sunday's game against the Jets. Looking at the closing stats of Sanchez and Brady, you are just wondering how this happened- Brady 299 yards 2 touchdown and 1 Int and Sanchez 194 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INT. It was a big game for the Jets D, bringing Brady down I think a total of 5 times, the Offense for the Jets gave Sanchez time to develop, time to make plays happen.
With that the Jets took the win 28-21 in one emotional and powerful game and week both on and off the field. The end of that game and watching Braylon's back flip and Scott's explosive conversation after- I have to say that this team is energetic and makes watching the game extremely fun.
So I'll apologize for not keeping up with my regular antics, but I am #gamedaymotivated. I cannot wait for Sunday and the showdown at Heinz.
I'll give you some feedback I have for the AFC Championship game before Sunday.
Also follow me on Twitter if you don't already: njc89

No comments:

Post a Comment