1.17.2011

2010-2011 NFL Playoffs Round 2 part 2

Hey y'all it's your favorite sports fan SportsGal89 in the building... And here we go with another (I think) brilliant edition to this season NFL series.
We start this day's blog with the Chicago Bears match-up against the Seattle Seahawks. Jokingly on Saturday night I put up a FB status saying can we add the Seahawks to the bird epidemic sweeping across the league (and we actually were able to)! Not easily though however, but a win is a win.
Remember going into this I was picking the Bears. And the Bears did not fail to disappoint with a sold-out stadium and impending snow Cutler and DA BEARS were one their game early. Took a lead 7-0, then an increase to 14-0. Second Quarter the Bears keep climbing 21-0 and I'm thinking this game is going to be a blowout. For the rest of the second quarter however, the scoreboard doesn't move. It sits still on 21-0 for a a good 10 minutes, the snow coming down harder but nothing else on a frigged Sunday Funday.
At the start of the 3rd quarter I found myself cleaning our staff office and logging into ESPN.Com for their Game Cast update of the game. But at the 12 minute mark The Bears led a remarkable 7 minute series to bring their lead up 28-0. But it seemed that despite their significant deficit, the Seahawks weren't going down without a fight. They quickly put some points on the board with a field goal followed by an unanswered series by the Bears, which followed with a touchdown by the SeaHawks bringing the score to 28-10 with a Bears lead. The next four series between the two teams produced nothing for either side.
I haven't really said it that much this year, but in yesterday's game it was fitting- "The magic of the game sets off in the 4th quarter." Bears with 6:17 remaining in my thoughts further solidify their lead by scoring yet another TD. I mean let's be reminded this game was won primarily on the arm of Cutler. Bringing the score to 35-10.
But the Seahawks came back fighting chomping slowly at a Bears lead.
With 4:40 eating away 2minutes the Seahawks score AGAIN. Bringing the scoreboard to 35-17 Bears. 2 minutes remaining and the Bears manage to do nothing with one of their last drives. But the Seahawks in the fourth quarter they came to play- A little to late, but at least they showed up.
Scoring a TD late bringing the board 35-24 Bears. While they had a good run, it wasn't good enough. I don't know what to make of the Seahawks run at the playoffs. Like whether it can be attributed to Pete Carroll's arrival, or the fact that the West is just slipping in this arena. But whatever it was you have to give the Seahawks some credit, I mean the took on the 09-10 Superbowl Champs and beat them. So while their season didn't end on such a high not it did end with, I guess, a lot to be proud of.
With that, Da Bears advance to play against the Pack. And while I have love for the Bears and would like to see Tomlin and Lovie have a match up, the Bears inconsistency worries me a little bit- who am I kidding a LOT!
But with a healthy team, I think they will be a great challenge for the Pack. We'll see what happens on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment