1.10.2011

NFL Playoffs 2010-2011 Season Part 2


Hey Ya'll it's your favorite sports fan SportsGal89 in the Building and what a wonderful day in sports it is! In a few hours the BCS Championship game will be played in AZ featuring The Auburn Tigers and the Oregon Ducks. I am rooting for my boy Cam Newton and Auburn --but I will admit I didn't follow them as much as the true Tiger fans have. What I will say is I hope it will be a good game and I will be excited to see Cam have a run at the pros if he so chooses. But I will save the BCS talks for the next blog. Tonight I am talking to you about the NFL Playoffs. The first round is over, as you remember the Seahawks romped the Saints and the Colts were taken out by the Jets.
So Saturday's games featured the Ravens against the Chiefs and the Eagles against the Pack(ers). Now the avid antagonist to the Ravens that I am, really wanted a Chiefs win. I mean I can continue to go in on my absolute detest of the Ravens but that aside I would have loved to see them booted early. But alas, my dreams did not come true. The Chiefs got beat, I mean SPANKED a nasty 30-7. And the message from Terrell Suggs " Pitt we coming for ya." Boy Bring It! We'll be waiting and gladly ready to put the hurt on ya. So there you have it folks the third and final match up of this 2010-2011 Season between the Ravens and the Steelers and you know who this girl is going for.... The "BLACK and YELLOW" of course ;).
Now, no matter the outcome of this Pack vs. Eagles game I was just glad to see my boy Vick play. I have been a fan of Michael Vick while he was in ATL. Injuries aside he is a phenomenal athlete and I believe that this was his season to show that despite all of the shortcomings of his past, he is back and ready for business. Hopefully the rest of the world will catch up, because every analysis keeps going back to him needing to "prove" himself. If he was white (yes I am going there) it wouldn't be necessarily this constant story. I mean the same thing happened to Ricky Williams and let's not forget that Vince Young has had his own go round in the circuit as well. It won't end with Vick, when Plax returns from his jail term, his will be the next story of the "troubled" Black athlete's redemption.
But anyways, I just hope that Vick's skills far out weigh people's judgements. I wanted a win for Vick and the Eagles to further solidify that he is the right guy for Philly and that there is a redemption story for him. But even without a win he made his mark on the 2010-2011 season, that is for sure.
Sadly however, the Pack was just too good, to ready, too alive for the Eagles. With Desean Jackson injured the Eagles were a little weak. Packers led the scoreboard for the first half and the Eagles caught a little fire during the second half but it wasn't enough to keep the Pack from taking the win. I think the Pack wanted it more, hungered for it more.
So Saturday features the Ravens vs the Steelers at 4:30pm followed by the Packers vs the Falcons at 8pm. Sunday features the Seahawks vs the Bears at 1pm and then the Jets vs New England.
Here are my picks:
STEELERS of course.. And to Terrell Suggs, keep talking that mess stating, "This is World War III to us. This is definitely Armageddon." Yeah an Armageddon that you will be going down in. See this is my thing I don't like to talk mess before a game, I like to stay focused on the task at hand. I mean yes, I am not playing the game, but I often feel like it is me getting ready to play. I don't want to be distracted by what commentators say or the other players. I prepare for each game as if it is just one more game, living above the hype. But this dude, Terrell Suggs, keep running your mouth because the Steelers are only going to be fueled even more by your mouth.
The Pack, Da Bears and I am going for J-E-T-S and Rexy who was talking a big game today dishing it out to Belichick in the media rounds (but I won't hold my breathe or rather be surprised by a Pats win) all I am saying is that the J-E-T-S better play to win, that 45-3 game was SORRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment