9.11.2011

First Game Jitters?

... Hey y'all SportsGal89 In the Building.. How are you living? It has been one crazy summer huh?! I have been all up and down like most of you, waiting to see if there would be a Football season. Let alone, now, a basketball season. But it is good to say that today was the first Sunday of the regular season stretch, here we have approximately 52 weeks of Gridiron magic and as a fan I am ecstatic!
  So first I want to say my bad, I usually each week post my picks before the start of the game! I promise starting on Thursday you will see my picks with an edit at the end adding how my picks faired .
  But I think it is safe to say that the only pick I cared about today was the STEELERS!. It wasn't just that this was the first game of the season, but it was the first game of the season post our Superbowl loss, it was the first game of the season against our division rivals- the ravens! Whomp Whomp! this was a big deal.
  So you might wonder how my boys did. Post game Mike Tomlin loosely quoted as saying " We got handled!"  Handled- isn't really the way I would put it, I think the most accurate way to describe our loss is that we got pimped! Straight pimped, I mean the Ravens whole squad including coaches, water boys etc, threw on the baby powder on both hands and laid 5 fingers on each cheek!
  First TD play happened in 92 seconds of the first quarter, by the Ravens. It wasn't that I was worried that early in the game, but it was  a series of subsequent errors that led to one messed up game. So let me give you the rundown- the final score 35-7 Ravens. Can you believe it? We played horribly on both sides of the ball. I mean there was no saving us on either end. Rothelisberger threw 7, count them 7 interceptions. Total interceptions thrown last season 5, so in game one he's thrown 7. That better be all he throws for the rest of this season.
  Our D was virtually non-existent. Generally if the Offense is having a bad game, we can rely on our D enough to pull us out. But we had nothing. The few sacks we had on Flacco came late in the game, and wasn't enough to make a dent into the can of whoopass that had already been opened.
  Did I mention that there was a fight?! Oh yeah, it is known that the battles between the Ravens and the Steelers are always going to be somewhat bloody. I mean it's a huge rivalry against two of the best Ds in the league, so of course tempers are going to flair up, but this was unheard of. I mean I don't think I've seen a fight like this with my boys ever. A ref got trampled, Polamalu even got pulled around and threw in some swings, it was just ugly.
  So how do I feel about it. Well it is game 1, but it is game one against a division contender. It is game 1 right off of a Superbowl loss, where we have a division title to defend. It is game 1 where we played like a bunch of JV nobodies.
 But don't take my word for it, check out the footage yourself  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=310911033
 Our next game is September 18th against the Seahawks. While I think we will do well, I don't want us to forget at all what today meant for us and that sour taste in our mouths.
 But here is to the start of what will be an amazing season and I am glad that we have our football back!

Here is my claim- Steelers and the Stairway to 7, LEGGO

No comments:

Post a Comment