9.06.2013

Why Fantasy Football can be stressful...

Hey Y'all it's your FAVORITE SportsGal89 in the Buildin', I am hoping this season I can bring you some more entertainment and news in the wonderful world of sports.

 I recently kicked off my second season as a Fantasy Football team owner and I have to say, I think it makes me more anxious and worked up when it comes to this game that I LOVE so much. For starters, I am not a Stats girl. You can ask me what team a player plays for, what each position is supposed to do and what is happening live on the field, but ask me about some stats and you have totally lost me.

So when I go into picking my Fantasy Team, I get stuck when we get to the later rounds because my pickups are never strategic, they never consider what the next person will do if one of your team gets injured or if you make the rookie mistake like I did last year and select pretty much the ENTIRE Steelers team! Ha!

This year I went into it, trying to be more knowledgeable. I have to say I did much better assisting my friend pick his team than I did picking mine. But it might have just been that I had some experience, having selected my team earlier in the day.

Anyways, so the selection piece of your team becomes stressful, ESPECIALLY when you start to see your picks slip away and for someone like me-- when you have NO clue who you will pick to replace the people you banked on!

Then there comes the games- where as a fan you might already get really worked up about games, but now you get more worked up because it's not just your "Real" team on the line, you also want to do well for your Fantasy too. Injuries happen and then you kick yourself to figure it all out.

Take today for instance--- NFL Kickoff is upon us. Denver is playing the Ravens and I have two Ravens players in my roster (I know, I know, but sometimes you have to put the rivalry down #STEELERS). One of my players that I was banking on gets injured and is out. What am I supposed to do now?

Watching the game and keeping up with my Fantasy means Keesha is GOING to have a heart attack!

Lmao!

Anyways, to all of those around who love the game, who have a Fantasy team-- Here we go! #FootballisBACK!

That's all she wrote folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment