11.29.2013

RIVALRY: Where you put it all on the line

HEY Y'all It's your favorite SportsGal89 Innnnn tha Buildin'! Hope you are doing as well as I am!
 I am coming to you with a gem. In the sports world, Rivalries matter. It's where the fans get to go all out and support their team knowing that even though EVERY game means something, in the grand scheme of honor, RIVALRIES last a lifetime and are the epitome of a sports match up. Rivalries are things that have been instilled within the culture and overall fabric of the sport. Children are born knowing and understanding these great battles in the sports world. Rivalries like the Yankees vs. Red Sox; Celtics vs. Lakers; Ohio State vs. Michigan and THE STEELERS vs. RAVENS.
   I have grown into a sports fan that knows as much as I love purple, I can NEVER get down with the Ravens and seeing purple in the jerseys on a Sunday hurts my heart, my head and my stomach.
  Now while this Rivalry is fairly new- remember the Ravens are still a younger team in terms of the Steelers history- and maybe that's another reason why I can't stand the Ravens (When Cleveland lost it's football team, I was still living in Ohio); but regardless, I have grown up knowing that the Ravens is the team that no matter what happens for the rest of the season the Steelers need to come out with a win.
   I can best equate this to last year's Ohio State Buckeye's season- while we went 12-0 last year, we couldn't enter any championship games. It didn't matter so much as long as we #BEATMichigan. Right?!
  So, no matter how crappy my team is playing the game that matters the most is against the Ravens.. We were home and we played MARVELOUSLY!!
  Now the game wasn't this huge beating, but what that scoreboard said at the end, was that the Steelers won it all! 19-16 and another win against the Ravens was all that mattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment