1.11.2014

Playoffs Round 2

He Y'all It's your favorite SportsGal89 INNNNN the Building.

What an exciting Wildcard matchup in the Playoffs Round 1. If you didn't see my predictions or my feedback following the games check back on my last post. Today I bring you the next round of predictions. And as a precursor, my predictions don't really have a rhyme or reason. They might be mixed with a little bit of statistical analysis, a little bit of me just wanting to see some great matchups and a little bit of me just running my mouth for the sake of it. But the point is that I at least hope you enjoy the thought that goes into it. At the end of the day, I am not gaining or losing anything-- My team is already out!


Photo Credit (National Football League)

Game                                                                SportsGal89 Predictions

Saints @ Seahawks                    Seahawks- I get it. The 2014 Seahawks are inexperienced
                                                   when it comes to big game play. It's a fairly new squad etc.
                                                   While I like the Saints and I like their energy, I would 
                                                    rather see the Seahawks battle it out with SF then the 
                                                   Saints it is 2014 right, we aren't repeating last season!

Reality: While it wasn't done pretty, Seahawks beat the Saints 23-15 and are in the NFC Championship Game.

The Recap: Defense wins games. Saints sadly struggled with rain and wind and the 12th man the fans and their loud antics. But it wasn't all going in Seattle's favor. The team seemed to dominate early, but you are playing against Drew Brees and one of the best coordinated and seasoned teams to play. The Saints weren't going down easy and that was clear with a little under a minute and making a TD and closing the gap between them and the Seahawks by one possession. However, late spurts didn't really work in the Saints favor and despite the effort, Seahawks did go on to win and return to the NFC Conference Championship, their first return since 2005, oh yeah and who did they go on to play that Super Bowl? The STEELERS! Ha ha ha ( you know I can't talk football without throwing in a little Steelers talk!)

updated: 1.11.2014

Colts vs. Patriots                      Colts- Let the record show that this has nothing to do with 
                                               my absolute disdain for Tom Brady and the boys from New                                                                         England (well maybe a little bit). Quoting from last 
                                              week "I want to see what Luck can do." Last weekend he 
                                               proved he could handle the small setbacks and he did it with tact. 
                                               We'll see what he and his squad do.

Reality: The Patriots prove once again why the rest of the NFL can't stand em.  Patriots beat out the Colts in a BRUTAL battle 43-22.

Recap: In what was thought to be another great comeback story, with the Colts being behind against the Pats early on. The Colts just couldn't catch a rhythm or a break to make a decent run against the Pats. So once again the Pats are standing in the glory of going to another AFC Championship game.

(Can you tell how less interested I am in this conversation)

updated 1.12.2014

SF vs. Panthers                     UGH Don't make me choose! I like SF, when Harbaugh isn't
                                             whining and when the Niners are actually playing instead of                                                                            making headlines for being big babies. But I love Cam. I like 
                                             that after his Rookie season, we saw that a team was finally 
                                             able to form around him successfully. So my head says this 
                                            one goes to SF (capping a great season, energy of closing the                                                                      Stick), but my heart wishes Cam and the Panthers would take                                                                      it.
Reality: SF will be making another battle against the Seahawks for all of the NFC glory. We'll see how that battle works out.

Recap: I didn't know who to choose, so I don't know if I win or lose this prediction. But what I can talk about is this. The Panthers did give SF a run for their money early in the first half. To the point that Harbaugh being Harbaugh had to be told to chill out by one of his OWN players. With that in mind going into halftime, all I could think about was, either you get your stuff together or you are going to self-combust. I guess I should have been communicating that energy to the Panthers because the team that came out to play in the second half allowed the chippiness of the game to get to them and played with all emotion instead of playing with a little bit of emotion and smarts. The Panthers literally fell apart and there was no coming back from that.

SD vs. Denver                        Denver- Did we really have to ask this question? This is where
                                               SD's season ends. Denver just has the right formula and they 
                                               have had an incredible season to just see it end in the playoffs.
                                               Then again we did have the Chiefs who we all thought were 
                                               going far, lose to the Colts, so who knows what will 
                                               happen. But if I was a betting person, my money is on Denver!

Reality: The era of Peyton continues. Is there anything that guy can't do. We all know he will be in HOF one day and that is amazing!

Recap: Denver did what they needed to do to get things done. The Chargers, well they played with heart, they didn't give up and they kept playing. All in all was I wowed by this playoff game, not so much. But did the team I want to win, win. Yeah.


Catch me after Sunday's game for the update!

That's all she wrote!

edited 1.12.2014

update: 1.13.2014-
   So I guess I am 3-1 in my predictions, even though I knew that the Patriots were going to win that game so in my eyes I am 4-0 in my predictions, but whatever.

 See you next weekend for my last prediction and we'll talk Superbowl teams shortly after that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment