1.20.2014

The road to the Superbowl






Hey Y'all It's your favorite SportsGal89 Innnnnnnn the Buildin'! I come to you with an addition to my previous post. This went out on Sunday prior to the Divisional Championship games. I usually post my "reality" comments in the posts I write, but because that last one was such a long one, I couldn't do it to ya.

So let's just recap yesterday's games.

I will start with the early game...

Patriots vs. Broncos:

My prediction had been as follows  - "When you add it all up, the Broncos I hope will take the lead. But my head says the Patriots just do better when it comes to Divisional Championships."

Well I guess the football gods were on our side and wanted our hearts to win too. To say that the game was not going to be exciting was a mistake. There were so many tensious moments throughout the game. Moments when you thought Brady and the like were just going to be Brady and the Patriots. But something was on the Broncos side and that was Peyton Manning. Peyton has had an incredible season as I mentioned.

So let's talk about this- For the Broncos the defense definitely won the game. The Broncos D held the Patriots to no scores in the 1st, a field goal in the 2nd, no scores in the third and unfortunately gave up 13 points in the 4th. Everybody knows it's the 4th that gives Brady his comeback Ju Ju, but whatever was going on this game, his Ju Ju was just not enough.

On the Broncos side, the Broncos scored early- 3pts in the 1st, 10 in 2nd, 7 in the 3rd and in the 4th 6. That says a lot considering the Patriots should have been ready for this. Peyton threw for over 400 yards, not what you would expect from the Patriots. Who is to say what happened to them, or how they fell apart. But the reality is the Broncos wanted it and their defense stepped up in a HUGE way.

The final score- 26-16! Broncos are going to their first Superbowl since the John Elway days and Peyton will be heading into his third.


And the game that I gave the most exciting title.

Seahawks vs. Niners
 
 Let me start with the fact that I was not able to watch the first part of the game. I caught glimpses but only got settled  late in the third and really early caught up in the 4th quarter. So here's the breakdown I missed and then I am going to talk about what I saw in the 4th. Despite the 12th Man SF started early and held a lead through the 1, 2nd and 3rd Quarter with a total of 17 points. But it was the 4th quarter that the game really became the Seahawks.

Entering the 4th Quarter the score was 17-13. Which really meant, SF could come out swinging or the Seahawks were poised to take the lead.

My prediction : " I don't think the game is going to be a blowout, nor do I think we are going to know the winner until the end. This game will be a back and forth battle with it coming down to the final seconds before a winner is determined"

It looks as if my prediction held true. For this game was decided really in the 4th quarter and it really came down to the defense. There is no denying that the Seahawks have an amazing defense. This group forced 3 fourth-quarter turnovers including one that was stripped right out of the hand of Kaepernick.

From what I understood once I was able to sit in front of a tv was that according to those who watched it there were some bad play calling by the Refs. One that really rallied fans on both sides was a throw from Wilson to one of his receivers that caused NaVorro Bowman the most ugly of knee injuries. The unfortunate part is that the call should not have been recovered by the Seahawks like the refs had originally called it. But the ruling became a wash when Marshawn Lynch couldn't hold the ball in the first place.

What solidified the Seahawks win was two beautiful defensive plays. The first coming from Chancellor who intercepted the ball and the final play where Richard Sherman tipped the ball for an interception in the endzone with the last 30 seconds on the clock.

Remember that part where I said "...battle with it coming down to the final seconds before a winner is determined,"? Yeah that happened.

So what stands before us on February 2nd- Groundhog Day? We have the Broncos and the Seahawks in the Superbowl. Two of the top seeded teams entering together!

On one end you really do have experience, age and all. On the other end you have a young squad, high energy and a will to play beyond what others have said about them. But together you have one heck of a game with the top Defense and Top Offense really coming together for what I hope will be one of the games we talk about for a lifetime!

And that's all she wrote folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment