3.08.2014

March Madness... but not the kind you think

Hey Y'all it's your FAVORITE SportsGal89 INNNNNNNNNNN the Buildinnnnnnnnnnnn! It's been a while. I realized that after football season ended I have nothing to comment on really. I mean think about it Baseball and Basketball season involve sooooooo many more games, you have to wait until the playoffs to really comment on anything substantial, because-- like I am REALLY going to comment on Lebron's 61pt game-- well his record, streak, whatever it was ended today with Los Spurs mollywhop against them. But the reality is, Lebron was the reason I started this blog, but he will not be the reason that I continue this blog..

Anyway.. What I am trying to say is that as much as I like those two sports, you really do have to wait for the games to turn up before you can get super excited.. So here I am at this D1 Institution- Go American University Eagles. And we have had a great year. Our Men's Basketball team went undefeated for the majority of the season in the Patriot League and are doing well in the post season tourney within the League currently.

As much as I get a thrill and enjoy pro sports, I am in LOVE with college ball- Go Buckeyes, and when it was a choice to prioritize my education over my love of sports, I chose Ohio State. And while the sports life might not be what it is at Ohio State, I do get to enjoy the sports life here at AU.

So why am I writing this now, well the Eagles- GO EAGLES!! are playing amazing and I have been thrilled to be able to watch. Why is it so exciting? Because the last time the Eagles made it this far and got us all excited was the year before I arrived at AU and my first year here. Not only did we win our Patriot League Championship, but we also made it to the first round of the NAACP tourney... I am praying and hoping that we get there again.. But don't take my word for it.. Check out my team and tell me if we are worthy!



That's all she wrote folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment