3.20.2014

We're Dancing!!!

Hey Y'all It's your favorite SportsGal89 Innnnnnnn the Buildin'....

There is no more pride than having your school enter into the Mayhem that is March Madness. I have been lucky enough to witness my team do this now twice, as an affiliated member of the American University Blue Crew, who cheers on the Eagles any chance she gets.

My team may not be well known, but these 2013 Patriot League Champs have had one heck of a season and now they have a shot of entering into the NCAA tourney and doing some amazing things.



We had our moment in glory, being the only team on Wednesday, March 12 with a title game and punching our ticket first to enter the NCAA tourney. That moment only lasted briefly because come Friday and Saturday the glory moments went to bigger known teams and larger institutions.

But on Selection Sunday, my institution with all of the pride supported our AU Eagles in learning who their team would be playing in the first match-up.

So who are we playing #2 Wisconsin.... A Big 10 school, does AU have what it takes. Here is what I can say about this team. They have grown immensely. Two years ago the Eagles played Nebraska ( I believe) and got whopped, like 30 point spread whopping! But this season the Eagles played another Big 10 school, my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes. And the team did well! They improved in areas of struggle from their last Big 10 meetup. And they lost to Ohio State by 10 points!

While I don't know how far the team can go. I am rooting for my boys to pull the upset and put a little known school on the map for taking down a #2, Big 10 team called Wisconsin!

#GOEAGLES

No comments:

Post a Comment