3.12.2014

Before the Madness begins-- My #BIG10 Predictions

Hey Y'all It's your favorite SportsGal89 Innnnnnnnnn the Buildin'!

 I am bringing you my predictions before March Madness gets underway. Predictions? Big 10 of course!

For those of you who need the reminder, I am an Ohio State Buckeyes fan-- O-H! I was born and spent my childhood in the great Buckeye state, and while I haven't lived in the state for almost 16 years and actually haven't visited in almost 12 years, I am a diehard fanatic and have so much pride when it comes to my home state.
 So with that, as a child, I lived in a town called Athens, Ohio- home of the Ohio University Bobcats. And aside from them, the only "State" team to watch and root for were the Buckeyes- not that I was complaining living an hour and a half outside of the capital. I mean, pro football and basketball weren't really topping the charts back in my growing up years.

It is no wonder that I still have a HUGE affinity to the Scarlet and Grey.

So here we are on the cusp of what is called March Madness and before the crazy happens I go to what I know, the Big 10 Conference.

So let the predictions begin.. And for the record, you are all witnessing my first go at an NCAA Bracket, because I have NEVER done this. 

So let's see 


Final scores for those interested can be seen at the Big 10 results page
Results comments are in bold 

Round 1
Game 1- Indiana (WRONG- Illinois came out with the win) 
Game 2- Ohio State *** DUH! (DUH) 
Game 3- Minnesota (DUH)
Game 4- Iowa (Northwestern)

Round 2
Game 5- (I'm calling upset, and yes it IS because I can't stand Michigan) Indiana (Whelp, Illinois ruined my chances and Michigan took it)
Game 6- Ohio State*** DUH (It wasn't easy but we rallied and took the game) 
Game 7- Wisconsin (DUH)
Game 8- Michigan State (DUH)

Round 3
Game 9- Ohio State*** DUH and if it's even against Michigan-- EVEN BETTER!! (Well one thing was right.. It was against Michigan.. and unfortunately the "Yellow Mustard" as their uniforms were, took it against my boys... AND mind you if Aaron Craft hadn't made that flub, it could have been ours.. But I know that's what everyone says.. "If so and so did this..." Yeah I'm bitter)
Game 10- Michigan State (DUH)

Round 4
Game 11- Michigan State (even if my team doesn't make it far, I am pulling for Michigan State) ( I called it... Ohio State got whooped in Football Big 10 and in the basketball game that followed against Michigan State. Magic's boys (Magic Johnson- aka the guy who got me to fall in love with the LAKERS, well thank my dad who had me watch his games), have been playing phenomenally and it was even sweeter to watch the win happen against those cold boys in BLUE... #MichiganSTILLSucks! 

Let the fun begin!!

That's all she wrote folks! 


(updated with the final outcomes on 3.16.2014-- Selection Sunday) 



No comments:

Post a Comment