9.11.2014

We are rolling... Week 2 in the NFL My predictions and THEN Reality...

Hello Hello! It's your FAVORITE SportsGal89 Innnnnnnnnnnn the Buildin'! I am back with hopefully another bright and exciting edition of my weekly predictions where I put my guesses as to what is going to happen in this week's game day match-ups. Then come back after Monday to see how it all panned out! And to get my insight's on some of the week's best and worst games!

Here we go:
 Game                                             My Prediction                                            Reality
 Steelers @ Ravens                           Steelers                                                      Ravens (26-6)    
Pre-Game: Of course I am going to pick my beloved Steelers, if they play how they played the first half against Cleveland last week, through the whole game there is no question how well this team will do against the Ravens. And I'm sorry I am NOT picking the Ravens. In one of the greatest rivalries in sports and in the NFL, no son, sorry!

Post- Game: Let's just say things didn't end up the way I had envisioned. Short story and then check out my break-down of this game here, the energy that the Steelers played with last week during the first half was gone. It definitely says a lot when you are coming off of a short week having played decent to play a team that is just ready. The Ravens played with more fire this week, that's for sure. They were (tough to give them compliments) consistent through the whole game. There wasn't too much of a weak side and watching what they are doing with their offense is very interesting and definitely a nod to what to expect or look into in the future for this team.

To that we will be seeing you in November! 

Dolphins VS. Bills                             Bills                                                            Bills (29-10)
Here's my thing the Dolphins and the Bills are both coming off of tremendous wins in week 1. It's amazing, but I think that it will be a great game between these two, but I am definitely calling the Bills with a little bit more of an edge to the Dolphins in the final.
                                                                                           
Jaguars vs Washington*                    Jaguars                                                     Washington (41-10)                                                                                
  * As a side note, I will this season not refer to the Washington National Football Team by that other name. They will only be referred to as Washington.

Now here we go- both teams are coming of losses. But there is something about Washington needing to get their stuff together a little bit, a lota bit more than the Jaguars do. And if Washington falls apart like they did last week, the Jags definitely can take this. I will be surprised if this is a high scoring game though and I think honestly it will be won by a field goal or a touch down, rather than several distances between.

Cowboys Vs. Titans                             Titans                                                       Cowboys (26-10)

Titans are coming off of a really good win and the Cowboys are coming off of a HORRIBLE loss. I think the momentum will drive the Titans more than the loss will motivate the Cowboys
                                                                          
Cardinals Vs. Giants                              Cardinals                                               Cardinals (25-14)

Much like the Cowboys, Titans prediction. The Cardinals are just doing the damn thing. I know that there was a lot of chatter as to whether or not Larry Fitzgerald was going to get a lot of ball carries, but I think it worked out for the team this way. And Bruce Arians, was for me very strategic and great when it came to the Steelers as our Offensive Coordinator so I would like to see the same things happen for him now.
                                                                        
Patriots Vs. Vikings                               Patriots                                                 Patriots (30-7)

 I just don't think the Pats will allow themselves a TWO game loss into the start of the season                                                                  
Saints Vs. Browns                                 Saints                                                   Browns (26-24)

It was a battle for the Saints against the Falcons but they are a powerhouse! 
                                                               
Falcons Vs. Bengals                               Falcons                                               Bengals (24-10)

Falcons have what it takes and these "HardKnocks" proved a lot in the battle royal that was last week's game against the Saints.
                                                                        
Lions Vs. Panthers                                 Lions                                                  Panthers (24-7)

Lions are a force to be reckoned with. They have the right elements and each year they get better and better. I think even if Cam is likely to start, the Lions have a better foundation even though both teams won their games last week.
                                                                             
Rams Vs. Buccs                                     Buccs                                               Rams (19-17)

I have the Rams D for my fantasy, but these boys didn't show up last week. So I'm tipping my hat to the Buccs- yes I might be just a little spiteful.
                                                                           
Seahawks Vs. Chargers                          Seahawks                                       Chargers (30-21)

Seahawks- clearly the dominating team in the NFL. This will be a good matchup, until Rivers chokes. Did I say that?- YUP!
                                                                       
Texans Vs. Raiders                               Texans                                            Texans (30-14)
  Texans for sure. I can't with the silver and black, wasted land that is the Raiders.
                                                                             
 Jets Vs. Packers                                    Packers                                          Packers (31-24)
 Yes the Jets won and yes the Pack lost, but this is the Packers. And they played the Seahawks, not the inconsistent Jets. 
                                                                                
Chiefs Vs. Broncos                                Broncos                                        Broncos (24-17)
Peyton Manning over Alex Smith- Peyton Manning! Nuff Said
                                                                               
 SF Vs. Bears                                        49ers                                              Bears (28-20)
The Bears needed that rude awakening of the opening game against the Bills. But I think that the 49ers are going to take this one. At home, home opener. Have energy from their risky win last week. It's not going to be a blow out, Bears will claw back, but the Niners have the edge.
                                                                                         
Colts Vs. Eagles                                    Colts                                             Eagles (30-27)
What can you do when LUCK is on your side. I like this kid, I like his growth and I like what he can do. It doesn't mean I don't trust the Eagles for an upset, but I have a little more faith in Luck.

That's all she wrote folks! Come back on Tuesday to see how I did!                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment