9.20.2011

Week 2 Recap

Hey y'all it's your favorite sports blogger, SportsGal89 in the building.. we conclude another MNF which means I get to have my say. Lol..
 If you check out my previous post you can see my predictions and how my picks stood up to the reality of week 2. Abbreviated version, I was 8-16 which means I am 50/50.

There are a few games I am going to talk about specifically, the rest are games I either don't care about, or well don't care about. Lol.

So let's get started:
  Detroit and Kansas City-
     I picked KC, well because let's be honest its Detroit, no matter that they are coming off of a win last week, or a pretty good 4-0 Preseason record, once we move into the regular season are the Lions really a team to worry about? Well, they sure schooled me and the Chiefs. Detroit Lions won 48-3! 48 to 3 against the Chiefs! there are some teams that are waking from the dead and the Lions currently are one of them. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season continues, but let's give them some props where props are due, a team that has gone 0-16 one season, allowed them to have the number 1 draft pick this season and it must have done them some good because Detroit might actually be a contender.

Bills vs Raiders-
  I picked the Raiders to win, after their performance last week against Denver I figured they have begun to find their rhythm. I did account for the fact that if they got rule whipped again, and more if hey were their own worst enemy that they would probably give up so many yards in penalties that Bills would win by default. But it wasn't like the Bills had a shutout game (this is all going on only sensory information as I did not watch the game). The final score was 38-35, the Raiders lost by 3. But what puts this game as one to mention, is like the Lions, the Bills have been virtually nonexistent in sports, I mean bringing T.O to the Bills, giving him a key to the city and he hadn't even played a game, "guaranteeing" a championship all signs pointing to a team going down the *** you know what***. But like the Lions the Bills are going 2-0 into the season, and looking like a force to be reckoned with. Whatever the changes, it's a good look for the teams and adds another contender to what was a shrinking sport in terms of power.

The Pack vs. Panthers-
 Let's just sit on this one a little bit. Because I have to pull up my EXACT wording from my predictions post.. On Saturday when I wrote my predictions I had said  " this one is going to be another good game, Panthers primarily will have their Offensive highlights with Newton, but overall the Pack win"  how right was I?! I didn't watch this game either but the overall assessment, the game was going to be a good one to watch, the Panthers will look good offensively and mainly because of Pretty Boy Cam (got to love that smile) He had another good game going for over 400 passing yards in his second start in the regular season, but the seasoned Pack with a hot defense and a great Aaron Rodgers, coming off of a SuperBowl win and a hot game against NoLa were just too good. The final score GB 30- Carolina 23. Losing by a touchdown doesn't seem that bad, depending on where the points are coming from. Is it just a missed opportunity by the offense or was the defense whipped with penalties?
 Cam's second game passing for 400+ has gotten many people to sing his praises-- part of me is like duh, but his ability to adjust to the pace of the pros is amazing and to set records such as these, I mean the Panthers lucked out BIG TIME. But when people say things like "Cam is so official" how official is he really when his team can't win a game? Is his talent being wasted when 400+ passing yards really don't mean a dang thing without a W. He might look amazing out on the field, but ultimately it falls on deaf ears if his team can't make it worth it on both sides of the ball. So what happens next? I am not at all saying that Cam is not deserving of the praise and remember it's only the 2nd game, but pretty soon we will be in week 10 and then what? I like Cam, I want to see his team's success compliment his strengths, so I'm just asking the Panthers to STEP UP!

STILLAS vs Hawks
 After a BUTT WHOPPIN by the Ravens, we NEEDED a win this week. And of course I am always going to go for my team even when I feel like it might not work out in our favor (SuperBowl last year ring any bells). I figured that the boys would either have a close game, or a strong lead. I wasn't expecting that the Boys would leave the Hawks with nothing, no points, nada. But I am NOT complaining. I also didn't get to watch this game due to lack of NFL Ticket- which as an aside, I may get Direct TV simply because of this feature. I mean really, I LOVE sports too much, this is a MUST. But anyway we won the score 24-0, doing that in our Home Opener is not a bad look either. Next week we take on Indy and with Peyton out, we'll see how well the team picks up, although they didn't lose by much against the Texans this week.

Honorable Mentions:
ish together a little- a LOT better than the Eagles did. Some say that Vick's leaving the game early (concussion) had something to do with the Eagles loss, it's easy to say that one player changes the dynamic of  a game, but this is the Eagles (Andy Reid's team)  they have gotten a little life back into their system, relying on Vick, who we know gets knocked around and is done, is not always the best safety net. Do I think Vick will be back and in great form yes! He has been transforming as a great QB, staying in the pocket just a great site to see.

- Rams, I had picked the Rams to win if Bradford was good to play. Bradford is a great QB, I liked watching him play while he was at Sooner Country. I appreciate his pace, his patience and his fluidity. However, the Rams were just ALL over the place today and it was on Bradford's shoulders. Tonight's game (MNF) was really a sloppy play from the QBs. Manning had a few balls get away from him, making it look sloppy and not as if he was one the starting QB of the Giants, and two a SuperBowl winning QB. Whatever he allowed to take his head out of the game, he needs to figure it out and get back in it.
  As for Bradford, his redzone offense was shit! Not really connecting to any receiver in the redzone he just had some sloppy plays and overall it allowed the Giants and a vet in Manning to triumph. I'd like to see Bradford do a little better in the Red next week..

And with that-- That's all she wrote folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment