10.23.2014

Week 8: It's been quite a ride in the NFL

Hello Hello! It's your FAVORITE SportsGal89 Innnnnnnnnnnn the Buildin'! I am back with hopefully another bright and exciting edition of my weekly predictions where I put my guesses as to what is going to happen in this week's game day match-ups. Then come back after Monday to see how it all panned out! And to get my insight's on some of the week's best and worst games!

To my regulars- I messed up again! Sorry, I know you enjoy my posts. And I am so very sorry, but this week was busy with alumni events and I got sick and so the story goes, that I missed another week. But hopefully as we move forward in the season I will be a little more consistent.


So here we go!!! 

Matchup                                              My Prediction                            Reality
Chargers vs. Broncos                            Broncos                                        Broncos (35-21)            

Lions vs. Falcons                                  Falcons                                         Detroit (22-21)
(although in all honesty, I think this is going to be a great game and wouldn't care who actually takes it)
 Post Game Comments: As someone who lived on the West Coast as long as I did, it was good to reminisce on the early morning experience that I used to have at 10:00am on Sundays to watch the games. But with that said, I mentioned that this game was going to be great and it was! Falcons dominated in the first half and then the 2nd half literally was owned by Detroit. It was a wonderful matchup and like I said it didn't matter to me who actually took the game but it was something that was definitely exciting. 

Rams vs. Chiefs                                   Chiefs                                                                                        
Texans vs. Titans                                  Texans                                      Texans (30-9)                                           
Vikings vs. Buccaneers                         Buccaneers                                                                                     
Seahawks vs. Panthers                          Seahawks                                                                                       
  * I know that a lot of people are counting the Seahawks out, but I honestly think they are still in it. I think yes they have had some slight hiccups and no they haven't closed wins that they should have but no one is striving for perfection it's longevity and the reality is they have the stamina to get to and win another Super Bowl 

Ravens vs. Bengals                              Bengals                                                                                         
*I'm not dumb this is a division game, and a loss for the Ravens means we (Steelers) still have a shot. So yup, I'm calling Bengals.
Dolphins vs. Jaguars                           Dolphins                                                                                         
Bears vs. Patriots                                 Bears                                                                                                 
Bills vs. Jets                                         Bills                                                                                              
Eagles vs. Cardinals                            Eagles                                                                                              
* It won't be an easy win for either team. Both are 5-1 and both are strong contenders. We'll see what the matchup will be like, but I am expecting this to be another exciting game to watch on Sunday. Sadly- it conflicts with my team's schedule and I will not be watching
Raiders vs. Browns                             Browns                                                                                            

Steelers vs. Indy                                Steelers                                                                                                              As a member of Steelers Nation I know what it means to be sometimes disappointed by the ups and downs, and at this rate it is every other game. But I am praying that the momentum they had in their brilliant MNF win against the Texans will prove last through this game against Indy. 

Packers vs. Saints                               Packers                                                                                                            
The Packers are 5-2 the Saints are hurting for a win for their currently 2-4 season. As much as I like the Saints I want to see the win, the Packers have a rhythm that the Saints can't get a handle on for their own good

Dallas vs. Washington                        Dallas                                                                                                      
 Dallas has really stepped their game up from the start of the season. While I would love to see the Washington team uproot it's division rival, I just cant see that happening with so much turmoil around their QB and inconsistency on both sides of the ball.


Well that's all she wrote folks! Come back Tuesday and see how I did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment