9.17.2015

NFL 2015 Week 2: Predictions, Reality & More

Hello Hello! It's your FAVORITE SportsGal89 Innnnnnnnnnnn the Buildin'! I am back with hopefully another bright and exciting edition of my weekly predictions where I put my guesses as to what is going to happen in this week's game day match-ups. Then come back after Tuesday to see how it all panned out! And to get my insight's on some of the week's best and worst games!

Take a look at last week's posting to see how I did in previous weeks!

Recap provided on 9/24/2015- Hey y'all it's been a busy week and unfortunately some life happened so I didn't get to check out the games. So this one won't have as much of a recap as it will have just the final scores. 

[My prediction]                                                                                                        [REALITY]

Broncos @ Chiefs          [Chiefs]                                                                              Broncos 31-24                      
Based on the way the Chiefs played last week and the unfortunate way the Broncos were playing, I think momentum favors Chiefs unless practice this week puts the Broncos with a better rhythm for game day.

Texans @ Panthers         [Texans]                                                                             Panthers 24-17  
I like this Texans team, I have them with the edge over the Panthers, purely for the fire that is JJ Watt. We'll see what game day looks like. Although I wouldn't be mad at Cam and the Panthers taking a win!

49ers @ Steelers             [Steelers]                                                                           Steelers 43-18*
Now I am going for the Steelers because duh, this is my team but, there was something exciting about watching the 49ers gel last Sunday. And considering the slow pace it took for our offense to get warmed up, I am concerned that we will be behind and not be able to catch up. We do have home field advantage so #SteelersNation I am looking at you to bring the heat! But after this game only 2 more weeks until Juice returns!

Of course I'll be posting something special for this game because well my boys did good! While I didn't get to actually catch this game due to me being in flight, I was pleasantly satisfied to catch the highlights and see the score at the end. Sorry to my Bay Area friends, but I needed that one! 

Bucs @ Saints             [Saints]                                                                                      Buccaneeers 26-19
Both teams are coming off of losses, but I still have a little love for the Saints and want to see what they will look like after losing some key players this off season and also with the impending retirement of the franchise quarterback- I honestly don't think the org has it in them to build another team around Brees this late in his career.

Lions @ Vikings          [Lions]                                                                                         Vikings 26-16
Both these teams suffered some crazy losses. The Lions have continued to progress each season and I think I am just going for the underdog in this one.


Cardinals @ Bears        [Bears]                                                                                         Cardinals 48-23
What happened to "Da Bears?" I'm looking for that fire. While the Cards have Bruce Arians who is doing a phenomenal job with this team (Steelers love y'all). I am feeling a little nostalgic for the great organizations who capitalized on defense and battled in their offense. Will they return to their former glory days or are they in a season of rebuilding.

Patriots @ Bills          [Bills]                                                                                                 Patriots 40-32
I'm taking a loss most definitely with this prediction, but I'm so not choosing the Patriots. Not after last week and it has nothing to do with cheating. The reality is the Patriots displayed the depth the tenacity to stay in it. Their Offense is dominating, but I think I am looking for a miracle to shut them down and I'm putting my eggs in the basket of every one of their opponents.

Chargers @ Bengals    [Bengals]                                                                                           Bengals 24-19*
Who was this team that routed the Raiders 33-13? As an Ohio girl, I have definitely been in the state with their two NFL teams on the low end of the football pride. But watching what has been happening in Cincy, I am pleasantly surprised and excited for what one of my home state teams will do. And no I will not be changing my team pride any time soon. 

Titans @ Browns      [Titans]                                                                                               Browns 28-14
Had a powerhouse game and I underestimated Mariota starting (given what happened with Money Manziel in Cleveland last season) but I will NEVER make that mistake again. While I still think the new NFL QB has some time to figure out the speed of the game especially as his opponents get tougher, I do have to say what he accomplished is impressive. We'll see how he leads his team going forward.

Falcons @ Giants      [Falcons]                                                                                         Falcons 24-20*
I honestly didn't care either way if the Falcons beat the Eagles. I was telling my friend that I thought the game was going to be close, but I figured the Eagles would edge it out. But there was definitely a little magic happening in ATL last week and I like what I see. They aren't new, they are consistent in their game play, but let's hope it can sustain them. 

Rams @ Washington DC  [Rams]                                                                                    Washington Team 24-10
I don't know how this Washington Team had the lead and then blew it so poorly. Some might say luck was on the Dolphins side, but that just means there was a weak spot in the Washington Team's Offense to allow the come back and eventual win that the Dolphins were able to create late in the game. And again while I didn't see the whole game, the way that the game was going with this back and forth, points for points between the Rams and the Seahawks, 


Dolphins @ Jags            [Dolphins]                                                                                    Jags 23-20
I'm just looking for this team to bring what they found the last few minutes of the game last week to come out this week. We'll see.

Ugh, do I have to? I am being smart, I am a competitive person and I don't just want to tank my predictions because of my disdain for the other teams.
Ravens @ Raiders       [Ravens]                                                                                     Raiders 37-33
Although if the Raiders pull off a win, applause and definitely impressed!

Applause and impression met! Way to go Raiders, but woah! 

Cowboys @ Eagles      [Cowboys]                                                                                    Cowboys 20-10*
I know they have their injury with Bryant, they still have Demarco Murray and company, that I think the injury will to be as much of a hit to the team as people want to believe.And while I do like what Chip Kelly has been doing with the Eagles, I just don't think the boys are going to fly with a win this game.


Seahawks @ Packers    [Seahawks]                                                                                   Packers 27-17
What can I say i have a little love for the Hawks. But this is going to be a fun game for my fantasy. I have two teams and their respective Qbs are Wilson and Rodgers. We'll see how those teams fair.

 I don't know what's happening with the Hawks but I need them to turn it on and get back in the game. This is actually killing me and ruining my predictions.


Jets   @ Colts              [Colts]                                                                                                Jets 20-7
I don't know what happened to them last week, But IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!

Come back on Tuesday to see how I did! 

Predictions outcome: 4 out of 16 DANG! 
That's all she wrote! See you for Week 3

No comments:

Post a Comment